SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 978

Thats why you get your concealed hand gun permit and practice saying I feared for my life and kill the sob for trying to steal your stuff BUT remember I feared for my life.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:42 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

I think you can only shoot if they step foot in your home.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Don't get me wrong if I caught someone stealing my gear I'd want to shoot em but it's not worth the hassle, it replaceable
Old 07-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,358

it's the principle of the thing. I work very hard for the things that I have. if someone tries to take it from me, it's thier butt, and I can, and will do everything I can to take a chunk out of it. it's very true that there is no punishment for criminals anymore, even worse, the hard working, honest people are the ones that usually get screwed. what ever happened to honor? remember when someone told you that they gave you their word, it actually meant something?

a little rant there, but I can't be the only one!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Oh believe me I'd whoop some arse but kill someone over a few rods ....the democrats family would have you in civil case for years trying to get you for everything ...sucks it works out that way but that's how it is these days ...But sure go ahead kill em over a rod n reel and let me know how that works out for you
Old 07-17-2012, 09:33 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

No one could sit here and say what they would do if that situation ever presented itself cause truth is in the heat of the moment you don't know what would happen! I would never want to take someone's life for jacking my stuff but I sure would love to bust a cap in their foot so next time they rob someone they will be limping! I hate thieves!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
Don't get me wrong if I caught someone stealing my gear I'd want to shoot em but it's not worth the hassle, it replaceable
"Hassle"? I think you'd be dealin' with a bit more than a hassle.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,358

oh, I don't wanna kill em, not thieves. we have enough of every type to narrow our death penalty too a lot of much worse people, keep all the many child molesters, rapist and murderers (in that order), go ahead and get em out. The theifs I would much rather my dog take a good size chunk out of their butt, she pulls off the designer shoe that the idiot probably paid for with his welfare check that I paid my taxes for, while he pees his pants infront of the cop that arressts him, or something close.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
Do the sale them or sell them? Or sail them ?
LMAO!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

I wouldnt shoot em but I'd run out spraying rounds(in a safe direction) just scare the ever loving mess out of em. then hold them at bay and play up the Crazy card to the best of my ability until the cops got there. I'd make it to where they were happy to see the police.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 629

aw man that sucks! i have heard of people getting things stolen out of there boat and truck down there before
Old 07-18-2012, 07:41 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

For the past few years I've been locking the gear in a vehicle of cabin.

I tell you what though, I'd hate to get shot at for turning off another angler's dome light to save his battery.

A few weeks ago, I actually entered another angler's vehicle to do him a favor. He'd been so focused on fishing that he left his trailer backed up on the ramp and gone fishing. I hopped in his SUV and parked his trailer for him.

I always pause before doing something that could be misinterpreted as criminal, but after thinking for a few moments, I am guided by the golden rule thinking, would I want someone else to reach in my vehicle and turn off my dome light or would I want someone else to park my suv and trailer rather than leaving them on the ramp?

I would hope someone who thinks I am doing evil would ask "Hey, what are you doing?" rather than starting an armed confrontation. Odds are that everyone I am with are armed and the folks I hang out with are very well trained. You may see one guy reaching in your vehicle, but do you realize how many guns will be pointing at you if you draw on him?
Old 07-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
I think you can only shoot if they step foot in your home.
i think they have to be in a room that poses a threat to someone and you cant shoot them in the back. i couldnt shoot someone just for stealing unless they were in my house, then idc what youre doing its all about instinct and survival. i dont care if he has a flashlight or a cell phone.in his hand that's a "potental" weapon in my eyes.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,782

Duce Rods in Rayne. We will be running specials at the outdoor expo in lafayette at the end of the month. Or you can give me a call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
DuceRods.com
Old 07-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

I'd take out some knee caps or blast some 12 gauge bean bag rounds at a M* F*er trying to take my fishing gear.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 909

Ever since I had a wonderful patron unload all my stuff out of the trunk of his champagne Cadillac as I stood their with my pistol on my hip I haven't had any problems. He was going around wearing a lawn care shirt knocking on peoples doors, if nobody was home he would go out back and see what was easy pickings. I happen to have my shop unlocked and he got a couple of easy to get power tools, left the expensive stuff, it was too hard to carry. He still does it, I see his car all the time, the cops put him in Jail on a regular basis, a couple times they even came by and asked if I had seen him in the area, doesn't come by my house any more for some reason?