SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:29 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452
Default Places to Bank Fish for Catfish near Lac Des Allemands

Well, after I told my son I'd take him catfishing in LA next weekend and planned to drive my boat down from CO to leave at my brother's until we move in May, I found out I just got a research project funded that requires me to keep the boat in CO until May. This is good news for my fisheries research, but puts me in a bit of a bind regarding taking my son fishing. We're still headed for LA over spring break, but without the boat.

I've got a PM to a Salty Cajun member who may be able to take us to some local hotspots, but the contingency plan if he is not available is to drive down to Lac Des Allemands and fish from the bank. One spot that looks naturally good is the boat ramp and surrounding area where Hwy 90 crosses the bayou between Des Allemands and Lake Salvador. If the water there is still pretty cool, the road along Bayou Gauche and the boat ramp at the end of Bayou Gauche Road might be a better bet, or would the main channel be better?

There's also a couple of interesting spots where Hwy 307 crosses the bayou coming off the SW corner of Lac Des Allemands and where Hwy 20 crosses Bayou Chevrueil about 5 miles west of Des Allemands.

What is your advice on where to score some catfish for my son and I from the bank? Are we barking up the wrong tree, should we just head for Grand Isle and fish the bridge and the beach?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I see lots of people fishing north of HWY 90 on the old hwy 90 bridge. I worked with a guy who fished off his dock on Bayou Gauche and he would pick up a few. Night Crawlers is what he used.