SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
This is the pg rated area of the forum, I can assure you salty Cajun is not what is wrong with America but if you want to "post em up" and get your self banned go for it. Check your emotions, we are all patriotic here. I don't need my son having nightmares about graphic images he saw on a fishing and hunting website. If you were a premium member you could post whatever your wanted in the gill net there is already a thread there showing the same pictures you non premium members want to see.

And see to me that is what is wrong with saltycajun, non premium members want to post r rated premium comments in the open area. The site isn't worth $6 a month to people yet they think they have a voice to complain about the content that is allowed.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Not by much! Lol
You are joking, right??
Old 04-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
You are joking, right??
No I'm not joking. They both suck! Our current one just sucks worse
Old 04-20-2013, 10:00 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
No I'm not joking. They both suck! Our current one just sucks worse
Yep. Tell me why they were awesome, I'm all ears. And it better be more convincing than why the Bears are the greatest team ever...
Old 04-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
So tell me how much time & money you've invested in the tourneys for SC? Bet my time & my wife far exceeds the $6 a month you've paid.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:59 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,084

Im not a premium member and i dont feel guilt bombed at all. all he is saying is that people who arent premium want to have premium member rights...... I totally agree with him. If anything he should charge to read the reports. That's where the real info is... Just my opinion not trying to start anything.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,217

Jeff and his wife have been very helpful for the kids tournament every year and we could not have made it what it was without them. All members are valued just please keep the appropriate posts in the appropriate forms and respect decisions we make on the admin side regarding content. These rules not only protect the fourm legally so we can ensure you all have a voice going forward but they also protect members that do not want to see r rated or worse content and or let their children view our site. Yes I do take all feedback very seriously and I very much appreciate those of you that are premium members and help us pay for this site and keep it going. We get a lot of reports from non premium members as well as very informative posts regarding various outdoor applications and current political events and that input is very valuable. The issue (not neccessarily here) is when non premium members post premium content in the pg section and then get upset when it is removed. I respect those that choose to be premium or non premium that is a personal choice just don't complain when you didn't pay to play and the content gets moved to the appropriate area.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:22 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
So tell me how much time & money you've invested in the tourneys for SC? Bet my time & my wife far exceeds the $6 a month you've paid.
I've been to the last two tournaments and spent entry fees and raffle money for the benefits. I've also donated my time to shop and prepare gifts last Christmas for the charity family.

Didn't realize this was a"lemme show off what I've done so I can justify myself" thread

Wasn't only directed at you wtretrievers but to all who aren't premium and want to see premium content
Old 04-21-2013, 07:26 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by breambuster View Post
all he is saying is that people who arent premium want to have premium member rights...... I totally agree with him
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1366547068096.jpg (31.1 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1366547079869.jpg (22.2 KB, 148 views)
Old 04-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Yep. Tell me why they were awesome, I'm all ears. And it better be more convincing than why the Bears are the greatest team ever...
Huh?
Old 04-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Huh?
I was agreeing with you and hoping someone could tell me why bush and Cheney were so great.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:56 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

How about, because the stood by the core principles they ran on even if it was hard to do so? I would call them, honorable and patriots. I'm not going to say they were perfect, but hind site is 20/20. They made decisions on the information they had at the time and stuck by those decissions. How many politicians where for it before they where against it? Some real short memories out there in this world. I paid attention and remember the drum beating and who was holding the sticks. Just because the media has revisionist memory dosen't mean we all do. Those who lived through it remember. I sure do and I'll always stick by George Bush. In my opinion he was one of the greatest Presidents of all time.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
I was agreeing with you and hoping someone could tell me why bush and Cheney were so great.
Oh my bad. I gotcha lol
Old 04-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
How about, because the stood by the core principles they ran on even if it was hard to do so? I would call them, honorable and patriots. I'm not going to say they were perfect, but hind site is 20/20. They made decisions on the information they had at the time and stuck by those decissions. How many politicians where for it before they where against it? Some real short memories out there in this world. I paid attention and remember the drum beating and who was holding the sticks. Just because the media has revisionist memory dosen't mean we all do. Those who lived through it remember. I sure do and I'll always stick by George Bush. In my opinion he was one of the greatest Presidents of all time.
Revisionist? I don't care for him too much when he was in office. The only real thing I liked was shock and awe, the policing if afganistan and Iraq for 10 years was a failure.

His amnesty leanings on immigration were left of my beliefs.

Growing the govt larger than any other president, and spending more than all previous presidents combined was pretty left too.

Take the blinders off and put his fake redneck accent aside, and don't just latch onto the fact that he "whooped ***" after 9/11. Our military is not a police force or a babysitter for other countries, young innocent troops are strung out in places we don't need to be for extended periods and are being killed by cowards without uniforms, women and children. That's a travesty.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

I was a Marine during Desert Storm. I've had sons go to both Iraq and Afghanistan. I have worked all over the world including the Middle East and currently work in West Africa. I know a little bit about the realities of what is going on in the world. Have you ever served in the Military or lived/worked out of the US?

The reasons we went to Iraq and Afghanistan are as real today as they where when we went and he hasn't been President for over 4 years. I guess the reason we are still there is his fault? It's not so cut and dried is it. Do you know how long we stayed in Japan and Germany after WW2?

Again, I like the fact that he made the hard decisions and stood by them. THAT is what makes him a great President not the fact that he had a "red neck accent". Shock and Awe was a military tactic not a political statement nor was it ever meant to be one.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:47 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Jeb Bush 2016
Old 04-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Jeb Bush 2016
Rand Paul 2016
Old 04-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Rand Paul 2016
^^This^^
Old 04-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
I was a Marine during Desert Storm. I've had sons go to both Iraq and Afghanistan. I have worked all over the world including the Middle East and currently work in West Africa. I know a little bit about the realities of what is going on in the world. Have you ever served in the Military or lived/worked out of the US?

The reasons we went to Iraq and Afghanistan are as real today as they where when we went and he hasn't been President for over 4 years. I guess the reason we are still there is his fault? It's not so cut and dried is it. Do you know how long we stayed in Japan and Germany after WW2?

Again, I like the fact that he made the hard decisions and stood by them. THAT is what makes him a great President not the fact that he had a "red neck accent". Shock and Awe was a military tactic not a political statement nor was it ever meant to be one.
So I have to be a vet to be able to voice a view on how we go about policing the planet?

I respect your service and thank you an your family for everything you have done, I don't agree with how our forces are utilized though. Going in and whipping tail is how it's done, and every tree hugging liberal in the country was for it and happy when it happened. Sticking around to re-build these places and change their ways of thinking to ours is a losing battle, isn't it? And it's a waste of our money.

Bring our troops back and utilize them on our soil - let those idiots do their thing over there and kill each other off. If we have to intervene, do it from the sky and make a cloud.

Our military does not need to be spread thin across the globe, especially with a deficit like we have. Let those other countries take care of themselves!!!

Why do we hate the welfare state and blame it on all of our problems, yet when we provide welfare to the globe's slackers it's perfectly fine????? We can't afford to be Officers of the World, plus it does no good...

Staying in Germany and Japan and using that as a reference point doesn't automatically make it the right thing to do.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

I was an active duty Marine on 9/11. I watched the Twin Towers crumble on the TV in my platoon commanders office. I don't think that should be a factor in having a valid opinion though.

The invasion of Afghanistan was without a doubt the right thing to do.

I feel misled about Iraq though. The invasion was based on the pretense of WMDs but none were ever found. Sure Saddam was an evil SOB, but he was also an enemy of Iran and kept the region stable. It seems like a huge amount our resources were spent for a lie.

I still think Bush was a patriot and everything he did was based on his idea of what was good for the US, but I also feel that his advisers led him astray.

Our service members train every day to go to war and protect our freedom. They voluntarily place their lives in the hands of our elected leaders. I feel that it is our leaders' utmost responsibility to only use those forces in the best possible way. In my mind the invasion of Iraq was not a good use of those forces.