SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486
Default Dulac 5/23

Yesterday my 8 YO had softball practice at the park by the Miss River at Audubon Park. Usually a pretty good indication of the winds and what they'll be the following day. Despite the hard-charging river, there was hardly a ripple on the Big Muddy and we were all sweating shagging grounders. I could hardly wait to get down there. Buggy doesn't begin to describe any lighted area upon arrival.

Things looked fine first thing this AM, but turned slightly as I picked up a predawn ripple going through a bayou en route to the coast. It wasn't much, but just enough to disturb the closer reefs and keep the bait from showing itself.

Spot A was a complete bust with dirty water, so moved on after some topwater prospecting. Spot B was a little better with the water still mostly cruddy. Nothing on that quick drift.

Spot C in Lake Pelto was much the same except I got a blow-up off the reef's high spot. No purchase, but renewed confidence. Drifted the west side with a Catch 5 and scored with a 15 incher off of one of the two bait flicks I saw the whole morning. Got a nice hit off the adjoining hard bottom and stuck the anchor. Began a come n' go pick of 14-16s, most on a double rig. Fish seemed to be attracted to a black/chartreuse on the short bait and then hit the opening night/chart Deadly Dudley Bay Chovey on the longer leader.

Greenheads were out in force, finally running me back to the warm-up pants. Finished with 13 trout on a short trip.

Plenty, plenty Oilman boats heading out to islands, some as late as 7:30. High revelry last night, I'm sure! Guide boats did well at rigs west of Coon Point except for Blue Point, where they had beautiful water and no fish. Clean water at the rigs.

Nice short trip and boat performed well. Good times!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

My buddy flies offshore everyday. He texted me a pic of the islands and it looked like you could walk from one boat to the next.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Tripletail

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369343396.507303.jpg
Old 05-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
My buddy flies offshore everyday. He texted me a pic of the islands and it looked like you could walk from one boat to the next.
Lets see that pic!