Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 06-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
Hummmm...... "W" didn't get the memo.
Chicken just has to be wrong! I mean, EVERYTHING w says is fact!
Old 06-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

W's fixin' to buy a Nautic Star and, then, it will become the #1 bay boat.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Nautic star makes a sweet boat and very reasonable on the price. Longcast's 18 footer is by far the smoothest and driest 18 foot bay boat I ever rode in.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
But just to prove im right

List any brand of boat with the guide .. take the brand with the most guides and i will cover it with a Haynie /guide
And because kevin van damn has a nitro and fishes quantum that makes them the best too. Come on man! I think what you meant to say was that you have a haynie and you really like it. That's your personal preference. Thanks for making me still to your level again, no pun intended.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Prolly ain't a Haynie anywhere east of the Atchafalaya.
I think there's one or two around the Cocodrie area. Haven't seen them for myself just heard.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

Quote:
W's fixin' to buy a Nautic Star and, then, it will become the #1 bay boat.
Just like he bashed ford trucks and said GM was the greatest..... He buys a ford truck and well u know the rest ....

Ford is the only truck a real American man should own..... Bc W said so.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,071

I read that most people say Haynie is a "guide boat". So if you are looking for a fishing boat then go with Haynie. Guys that are on the water know what they are doing.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
And because kevin van damn has a nitro and fishes quantum that makes them the best too. Come on man! I think what you meant to say was that you have a haynie and you really like it. That's your personal preference. Thanks for making me still to your level again, no pun intended.

You said it was not the #1 guide boat on Big Lake...I proved you wrong

YOU MAD....
Old 06-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

I can set the Hook on my ducks everytime!!! LMAO

When you get Edwards,Southren(suckie suckie) and Salty in one thread!!

WINNING
Old 06-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
I can set the Hook on my ducks everytime!!! LMAO

When you get Edwards,Southren(suckie suckie) and Salty in one thread!!

WINNING
You're too cool!...

Sounds like the majority feel the BlackJack is more family oriented than a haynie. Hopefully somewhere in all this "winning" the op found some info worthwhile.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
You're too cool!...

Sounds like the majority feel the BlackJack is more family oriented than a haynie. Hopefully somewhere in all this "winning" the op found some info worthwhile.

BlackJack is more Family Oriented..DUHHHHH Haynie is a fishing beast!!

I dont ride around looking at Seagulls or land masses

I fish!!!

btw..I love how you Salty and Edwards all jump in boat threads when NONE of you own a BOAT or have OWNED a boat in this topic
Old 06-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Blue Marlin

Thumbs up

Quote:
BlackJack is more Family Oriented..DUHHHHH Haynie is a fishing beast!!

I dont ride around looking at Seagulls or land masses

I fish!!!

btw..I love how you Salty and Edwards all jump in boat threads with NONE of you own a BOAT or have OWNED a boat in this topic
I didn't offer any opinions, just laughed at what someone else had pointed out...again, your "winning" is cool!

Read the op and, see what he was asking about. Duh.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,749

I think that if you personally dont have experience with either of the boats the op asked about then maybe some of you guys shouldn't comment..

From being around both of them and owning an haynie right now an having kids, I believe the Blackjack would be a little more family oriented than an HO...
I do take my boys out in my boat you just have to be careful with the sides being as short as they are...I personally dont think one is better than the other you just need to decide what exactly you will be doing with it.

Sent From an Apple Tree.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
Just like he bashed ford trucks and said GM was the greatest..... He buys a ford truck and well u know the rest ....

Ford is the only truck a real American man should own..... Bc W said so.

Remember when Seafox was the best? And All Star? And Curado?
Old 06-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Redfish

Cash: 740

Quote:
Remember when Seafox was the best? And All Star? And Curado?
That was before he got on with NASA. Now Warren Buffet calls him for stock advice.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-29-2013, 04:02 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

sorry you asked this question. people here will tell you not to buy a haynie just because w owns one. these same people have never set foot in either hull. haynie is a good fishing boat but you wont be impressed with the fit and finish of the cap for the money. blackjack is a fine ride that is a little more big water capable. as far as being more family oriented all kids should have life jackets on at all times in either one and the sides in the haynie are lower but there not low enough to where your kids will be flying out. if i were you id go ride/test out both hulls and decide which one YOU like. cant go wrong with either one imo.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder_smacker View Post
sorry you asked this question. people here will tell you not to buy a haynie just because w owns one. these same people have never set foot in either hull. haynie is a good fishing boat but you wont be impressed with the fit and finish of the cap for the money. blackjack is a fine ride that is a little more big water capable. as far as being more family oriented all kids should have life jackets on at all times in either one and the sides in the haynie are lower but there not low enough to where your kids will be flying out. if i were you id go ride/test out both hulls and decide which one YOU like. cant go wrong with either one imo.
Yep and its the same Fan Club

Edwards (as called in gill net puregay)
Southern101(aka suckie suckie)
Salty(aka last know boat ride was in the MayFlower)
NLK( new club member)
Rene (aka ASR tDUCK)

Did I miss anyone???
Old 06-29-2013, 04:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Its possible a haynie could be the #1 guide boat on the lake, **** I seen 3 of them today one in west cove 2 in prien. I was told by a capt last year about this time that Grosse Savanne had a big order in to replace all their boats but not sure if that went through or what. The haynie is a beast in a chop ive seen it first hand. But you gotta really compare the two. Just because its a custom boat doesn't make it better. When you walk across a flush mount hatch lid and hear it crack then there is a problem with quality control. When you have a boat that is much more mass produced there is more quality control as every boat goes through the same ringer. The cap and rear deck on a haynie look cheap to me. Cheap nonskid, webbing, very basic rolled edge compared to a molded in texture cap on the blackjack. Why would they mention no exposed wood if they just said no rot board? Are they using Nida core?What kind of resin are they using? Now having a lifetime warranty is pretty nice, but has anyone dealt with warranty issues and how is the service with that? As for the guide program...of course guides would go with the best deal if the boat is capable of bringing a crew and slingin trout.

I have not been in a blackjack, but for a little extra would prefer the boat that is better fit and finish and offers more options for the passengers on board. I cant afford either one so I'd take one of each if they were giving them away. Rule #1 when buying a boat...wet test, wet test, wet test. And then wet test some more.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:01 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdub View Post
Its possible a haynie could be the #1 guide boat on the lake, **** I seen 3 of them today one in west cove 2 in prien. I was told by a capt last year about this time that Grosse Savanne had a big order in to replace all their boats but not sure if that went through or what. The haynie is a beast in a chop ive seen it first hand. But you gotta really compare the two. Just because its a custom boat doesn't make it better. When you walk across a flush mount hatch lid and hear it crack then there is a problem with quality control. When you have a boat that is much more mass produced there is more quality control as every boat goes through the same ringer. The cap and rear deck on a haynie look cheap to me. Cheap nonskid, webbing, very basic rolled edge compared to a molded in texture cap on the blackjack. Why would they mention no exposed wood if they just said no rot board? Are they using Nida core?What kind of resin are they using? Now having a lifetime warranty is pretty nice, but has anyone dealt with warranty issues and how is the service with that? As for the guide program...of course guides would go with the best deal if the boat is capable of bringing a crew and slingin trout.

I have not been in a blackjack, but for a little extra would prefer the boat that is better fit and finish and offers more options for the passengers on board. I cant afford either one so I'd take one of each if they were giving them away. Rule #1 when buying a boat...wet test, wet test, wet test. And then wet test some more.
Evis cracked his hull in an accident and it was replaced

Grosse Savanne has 3 or 4 Haynies
As far as flush mount hatch lid,,, you can pick the cheep ones or the ones that are heavy duty.... I have never changed a lid on my boat or had one crack. My lids are solid and well made but I paid for them when built the boat.....

You can stand 600bls on my lids and you will not hear them crack ….but lot of guys choose the cheaper ones to cut cost ….
Old 06-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

I'm not talking about the ones you cut a hole and replace with frame, those are great. Found this pic with a quick search...these are the ones im referring to. Either way if it has a lifetime warranty (which I didn't know) then I'd just call and have a new hatch lid sent to me.
http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/at...1&d=1368257603