SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Pardon me.....but i have to ask!

Why is it legal to sell and/or possess a Radar detector when the intended use is to allow someone to break the law by driving faster than the speed limit?

IMO.....Using Radar detectors [so a person can speed] makes our highways less safe.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post

Why is it legal to sell and/or possess a Radar detector when the intended use is to allow someone to break the law by driving faster than the speed limit?

IMO.....Using Radar detectors [so a person can speed] makes our highways less safe.
If I were to get one, it wouldn't be so I could deliberately speed. It would be for protection from those bull **** speed traps they set up. I travel a lot and everywhere you go there is a speed drop with minimal marking where it goes from 70 to 55, and some **** cop sitting hidden behind the bushes just waiting for someone to miss the sign.

It's nearly impossible to see every single sign, especially in a place where one shouldn't even be.

How about heading to Houston, when you get over into Tx it goes up to 75 and holds it through the curvy sections, it feels like you're going too fast at times due to the curves. Then, you hit a looooong strait away in the middle if nothing, and the speed has mysteriously dropped down to 65 - tell me why???? To get us folks from the east excited about moving quicker, then stick us when we miss the limit dip?
Old 07-02-2013, 07:24 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post

I disagree.

A radar detector is made to detect radars not allow people to speed.
Guns are made for killing things, they legal.

Why is it legal to make a car that goes over 75 when 98% of the roads in America are 75 mph or less? They sell you a vehicle that allows you to break the law.

I can almost gaurantee that more Interstate Accidents are caused when the traffic is moving slow or someone is driving slow in the left lane or someone is trying to get around someone driving slow.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:54 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

There is " speeding" and then there is "reckless " driving. If a detector gets you out of a chicken $h;t 5-7 mph over ticket then good.

"Its Just a Ride "
Old 07-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Majority of interstate wrecks are from people being scared to pass a 18 wheel and instead riding in his blind spot for 5 miles.

"Its Just a Ride "
Old 07-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
If I were to get one, it wouldn't be so I could deliberately speed. It would be for protection from those bull **** speed traps they set up. I travel a lot and everywhere you go there is a speed drop with minimal marking where it goes from 70 to 55, and some **** cop sitting hidden behind the bushes just waiting for someone to miss the sign.

It's nearly impossible to see every single sign, especially in a place where one shouldn't even be.

How about heading to Houston, when you get over into Tx it goes up to 75 and holds it through the curvy sections, it feels like you're going too fast at times due to the curves. Then, you hit a looooong strait away in the middle if nothing, and the speed has mysteriously dropped down to 65 - tell me why???? To get us folks from the east excited about moving quicker, then stick us when we miss the limit dip?
Actually, the 65 is because that county was above the legal limit on ozone or one of the "pollutants" cars put out so they lowered the limit to try and meet the regs.