SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 07-20-2013, 08:10 AM
duck enticer duck enticer is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Crowley
Posts: 366
Cash: 1,165
Default

Went out of Rollover yesterday. Made a solo trip. Caught my 5 Reds and about 5 dozen crabs. I could've caught 12 dozen but I am not a glutton for punishment. The horseflies and fire ants were on their A game. I caught them in an hour right when the Tide started rolling out. About 5:00.

The fishing was tough. I saw very reds. I went to my can't miss holes and struck out for the first time ever. There is a large vacancy of fish in the marsh I fish. However, the endangered coastal sharks are making a come back. I went through a half-dozen shock leaders! I caught three and the rest cut me off... Once the sharks show up there goes the neighborhood. I wonder if they have run the Reds off? Hooked into a bonified 6' gar that proceeded to pull me around the marsh. Didn't have gun, didn't have long gaff and I was by myself. I went to work on him with a Louisville slugger and put a quarter sized hole in his head when my line popped. I know he died right there, and I tried to snag him but couldn't.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map