![]() |
|
|
|
|||||||
| The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) What good is a cajun site without a cooking and recipe forum? |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Here is my recipe and I guarantee you will love this stuff, everyone I gave some to said it was best they ever ate anywhere, I trippled this recipe:
8 cups fresh tomatoes, peeled/diced/drained 3 cups onion chopped 2 cups bell pepper diced small 1 1/2 cup cayenne diced fine ( 1 cup if you don't want hot ) 6-7 garlic cloves minced 2 teaspoon black pepper 1/8 cup canning salt 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup vinegar 1 15oz tomato sauce 1 12 oz can tomato paste Mix all ingredients & bring to boil and cook till onion/bell peppers done. Unless you want it chunky, I took a hand held blender with cutting blades and pureed salsa to my liking ( less chunky ) Can in jars to your size liking. |
| Bookmarks |
|
|
