SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 09-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Stormy day

We had a 4 boat trip and the storm front was right on our door step. The wind was blowing 15-20 we were coming up to low tide and we only had a 3 hour window before the storms hit. We left the dock before sunrise to get a few extra minutes fishing in.

It took a while but we got one for the box. It seemed the fish had lock jaw with the pressure change happening. One of the 3 on my boat did not know how to cast and still doesn't. The bite was so slow I never even caught one for the box. This is the first time I never hooked a fish for the boat. Even the catfish were not hungry but enough to keep the poles bending. We also had trouble finding these guys.

As we were fishing I kept watching the front at our door step. I could tell my house was getting hit hard. One nasty cell was sitting there opened up on full flush. My rain gage had 3.2 inches when I got home and the yard was flooded again. We were right on the edge of it but still fishing dry. Cool air and gusty at times but no lightning or rain where we were.

I got into a shallow spot and a place where a pond washes over about 8 inches of bank roots. It was so shallow I did not have to use the power pole. As the customer was lifting the bait into the boat to cast out again a flounder hits it. Nothing big but another fish for the boat.

Forced back to the dock by 11:00 and got a little wet on the way in. Once at the dock we were in the thick of things. Not as much as up the road at my place but still a little thunder mixed in. My boat was the low hooker of the 4. I came in with 5 keeper reds and 2 of the 4 boats had a limit of 15 reds. We all had some flounder in with the mix.

Can't be the high hooker every time but I was disappointed I did not find enough for a limit before the storms hit.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 09-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,322

Good report. I like that you tell it like it is. Thanks
Old 09-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726

No need to sugar coat it. I hate the reports that say we killed them and never say anything when they had a tough day. I will write a report about a small catch and still try to make it interesting even though I am not happy about it.

I have seen captains put up pictures from last year making you think they caught them last week just to get business.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittok View Post
Good report. I like that you tell it like it is. Thanks
x2