SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 10-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Gerald Gerald is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lake Charles / Moss Bluff
Posts: 4,648
Cash: 4,282
Default

I went to all 3 local shops a couple months ago looking to buy a new bow.

First shop on Common St.......man there was ok, but not real helpful in explaining information about bows. Kind of like....here it is, and no sale pitch. I would have liked him to tell me more about the bows. He only showed me one bow in the type I was looking for.

Second shop......on Prien Lake rd.......man was busy so it took a little while to wait on me. He only had one bow that was close to what I was looking for. Shot the bow a few times after he lowered the draw weight. It felt fairly good when shooting.

Third shop in Sulphur.......near Walmart......again man was busy (?) and took a while to wait on me. He showed me one bow and I shot it a few times. I did not find the bow to have a smooth draw like the bow at the second shop.

A week later.....after doing some research on bows, I went back to the second shop to ask if he had a different bow in stock that I liked what I had read about. Said no, but he has some on order that should be in any day. Finally after a month and stopping by his shop a couple of time, this other bow came in, I liked it and I bought it.

He installed the sights, rest and tuned the bow ect. while I watched. I then shot the bow a few times to set the peep sight close to where it should be.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map