SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:16 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,871
Default Cabo San Lucas

My wife and i just got back from our second trip to cabo. Finally got to fish this time and i was pumped seeing how it was prime fishing season. Needless to say i booked a trip with a guy that was at our hotel and should have known better. Took a five hour trip and did not catch a thing. I figured we would have at least caught some dolphin. What did it for me was when we were trolling and snagged a sea turtle and the deckhand grabs the rod and acts like he is setting the hook on a fish and i can see the turtle on the top of the water when we first snagged it. He then hands me the rod and says "your fish" i then look at him and tell him thats a turtle and he just says "you fish" again. So i go ahead and reel in the turtle since that was the only action i was going to get on this trip. I will chaulk this one up as a lesson learned. Other than that had a great vacation. We love Cabo. Took a nice sailboat trip that was very relaxing. We also ate at a taco place last year that had the best fish tacos and shrimp ceviche that i have ever had. We could not remember the name of the place and spent two hours trying to find. We finally found it and it was just as good as last time. If you are ever in Cabo it is called Los Claros. It is a small place just off the marina by the wyndham hotel and next to NickSan Restaurant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 090.jpg (57.2 KB, 267 views)
File Type: jpg 087.jpg (67.8 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg 073.jpg (69.8 KB, 267 views)
File Type: jpg 065.jpg (68.3 KB, 267 views)
Old 11-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Bad luck on the fishing trip. We are goin in may. I can't wait
Old 11-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 562

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I've had the opportunity to fish there twice and it was a blast. We targeted and caught dorado and marlin. This is the best time of the year to fish down there and you should have caught some if the guide knew what he was doing. Both times we used JC's sports fishing (http://www.jcsportfishing.com/). The great thing about Cabo is that you don't have to go our very far to get a hold of marlin and nice yellow fin tuna. I would say do a little research online and you should be able to find a nice reputable guide. JC is originally from the U.S. and is now retired down there and has two nice boats for hire. But as always, there are other reputable outfits there, so look into them also.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

That sucks you got burned. I was down there in May for my honeymoon and was referred to RedRum Fishing by people on this site. Cabo is an awesome place, if I didn't have a lil niño on the way I would go back next year.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,871

Yeah i researched several places and Dr Gill told us he uses a charter called Minerva but i went with the cheap route so i guess the old saying that you get what you pay for is true.