SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 02-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Dogface Dogface is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 1,485
Cash: 4,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
The "brown is down" approach is effectively equivalent to managing for maximizing for meat harvest.

One only arrives at the conclusion that 90% of management targets improvements in antlers if one defines "management" as passing on shot opportunities at legal deer.

If one broadens the idea of management to include food plots, mineral supplements, and baiting, even when hunters on a property take nearly every legal deer that presents a safe shot opportunity, then lots of folks are managing to maximize harvest numbers rather than biggest antlers.

At the state level, a few states have implemented rules geared toward improving antler sizes, but many states have rules more geared toward maximizing hunter success rates which is also effectively equivalent to managing for meat harvest.
I guess you are right , I just never thought of brown is down as "management". I haven't hunted deer in over 10 years but when I did brown was down so I'm not nocking that.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map