SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12  
Old 02-27-2014, 07:00 PM
keakar's Avatar
keakar keakar is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Laplace
Posts: 1,869
Cash: 1,952
Default

I didn't find any mention of the new motors having issues and the only reported problems I see mention nothing from anything recent since they switched to a different controller so it appears (I guess) that they fixed those issues. if someone works on these motors (trolling motor repair shop guy) hopefully someone who knows more can give more insight into the problems they might have.

more research has also confirmed minnkota does still over rate their motors so you don't get what you think you are buying so if you want the same power you need to get a 75lbs thrust minnkota to equal the same pulling power of the 70lb motorguide. I saw test results showing across the board all minnkota were actually pulling 5lbs less then what they were rated for. big whoop as far as im concerned because when you get into the higher numbers you will never notice or miss that extra 5lbs of thrust but it does show up in a noticeable difference in smaller motors like I had found out myself.

I also see lots of comments about minnkota being quieter then motorguide but im not sure what they mean since much of that talk was about the mounting brackets and control systems (auto pilot motor) and not about the actual trolling motor itself. can anyone speak to the noise level of just the motors not whats above water?
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map