SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 03-23-2014, 02:54 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864
Default 3/22 Toledo Sacs

Fished our honey hole Saturday PM with best bud, Joey. Fished from 9pm - 11:30. 44 total. Caught in 35' of water with fish suspended at 30'. Live shiners.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (64.7 KB, 406 views)
Old 03-23-2014, 03:04 PM
King Mackeral

Table shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (86.1 KB, 402 views)
Old 03-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Wow i am blown away that they are still that deep. The females look puffed up like they are holding eggs, were they still holding eggs was there any blood on the egg sacks?

In any case good job scouting em out.. i would have been fishing a lot shallower than that and would have struck out.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,414

Nice catch Latt. I caught a few off the Mermentau this weekend on the banks in a canal with 70 deg. water.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 754

WOW!!! AWESOME catch!!! Where did y'all catch um at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2014, 08:29 AM
King Mackeral

Almost all the fish had eggs and were about to bust open it seemed. Not much blood in egg sacs though. They had a lot of blood around head and fins though. Caught near Indian creek in south end. All fish were caught over one of our "holes" fish were concentrated in a 3' circle. If your bait was outside this imaginary circle you did not get a bite! Very crazy. Surface temp was 60 deg.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Nice! Me and 10 buddies rented a lake house out in Indian Creek for this coming up weekend. Been doing well bass fishing but was hoping to get the girlfriends / wives on some crap action lol. Would never have guessed they would have been that deep. Actually seen some smaller ones cruising around while bed fishing for bass this weekend.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:25 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth View Post
Nice! Me and 10 buddies rented a lake house out in Indian Creek for this coming up weekend. Been doing well bass fishing but was hoping to get the girlfriends / wives on some crap action lol. Would never have guessed they would have been that deep. Actually seen some smaller ones cruising around while bed fishing for bass this weekend.

please send me the information on the lake house you rented. We sometimes need overflow for big weekends. I know of one on Cherry Lane near us but never found the rental information.

If you want to get on the sacs just fish the edge of indian creek in 35 ' or so. drop a couple of green lights off the boat, drink beer for 20 mins and then start fishing. drop a live shiner down with a small/medium leadshot and hang on! we fish right along the channel in the dept above. tie off to a tree stump. cant go wrong probably. of course all that could change by this weekend. try shallow first then go deeper. we never really fish during the day deep but it could be worth a shot. there are plenty of bass on the beds all along the banks of indian and buck creeks. good polarized glasses and look for the sandy bottom of the beds tucked in the grass. talked to a guy fishing Saturday and he caught most of his bass around 2 pm. they were hitting a watermelon fluke. he had a small dropshot on it.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:12 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaLatt View Post
please send me the information on the lake house you rented. We sometimes need overflow for big weekends. I know of one on Cherry Lane near us but never found the rental information.

If you want to get on the sacs just fish the edge of indian creek in 35 ' or so. drop a couple of green lights off the boat, drink beer for 20 mins and then start fishing. drop a live shiner down with a small/medium leadshot and hang on! we fish right along the channel in the dept above. tie off to a tree stump. cant go wrong probably. of course all that could change by this weekend. try shallow first then go deeper. we never really fish during the day deep but it could be worth a shot. there are plenty of bass on the beds all along the banks of indian and buck creeks. good polarized glasses and look for the sandy bottom of the beds tucked in the grass. talked to a guy fishing Saturday and he caught most of his bass around 2 pm. they were hitting a watermelon fluke. he had a small dropshot on it.
Thanks for the tips! I sent you the link to the cabin.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:39 AM
Email Address Not Verified

Cash: 1,005

man ya'll cleaned up
Old 03-26-2014, 12:58 PM
King Mackeral

Just tallied up our catch totals for white perch off of the exact same tree we always fish from. These numbers are from February/march. Total so far = 155 in 8 nights
Old 03-26-2014, 04:16 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

i think yall are talking about different "Indian creeks"