SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-29-2014, 01:54 PM
Redfish

Cash: 909
Default fourchon trip advice needed

The wife and myself will be going down to Fourchon staying at her boss's camp right by the corner store/marina in Fourchon this Friday-Sunday. I have only bowfished in that area before and I will be bringing my 22' bay boat with us. Can anyone suggest a few locations to try for specs and reds.
Looks like we will have a north wind this weekend and a nice incoming tide till noon then falling tide the rest of the day.
Not looking for a secrete spot just some advice on a few locations to try and get on some fish. Studying the maps I have and looking at my EDGE waypoints for the area there are a ton of locations to fish...heck you could spend all day riding around it seems instead of fishing lol
Old 04-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

beaches, wellheads, casse tete, fournation islands, bird island, belle pass jetties, points in the marsh with moving water
Old 04-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

prime area might be a little early though.

They are catching some on the islands but not big numbers. Then again it could be the week that it all turns on.
If you can get some live shrimp that might be the ticket.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Redfish

Cash: 3,000
Default Suggestion

Do not overlook Bayou Lafourche from the Leeville Bridge to the old Texaco dock. April/May were always good months to fish there when I lived in the area. Plastics or fresh shrimp on the bottom. Lots of debris in there but that is why the fish hold there. Good Luck!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 02:32 PM
Redfish

thanks guys. having never fished the islands out there do you stay far off the island casting to them or get against them fishing away from them back towards the current and deeper water?
Old 04-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Redfish

Cash: 479
Default GNATS

I agree with all the spots mentioned above, but I think it is a little early for the islands. We did decent near Texaco field in Bayou Lafourche. However, the Gnats were horrible. I suggest two other things (1) Using market shrimp, fish the pass against the rocks. Family member took his kids there and they caught (in my niece's cutest voice)...."one million fish", but mostly sheephead; (2) I would vist Bob Gougues site, Between the Banks, Bob is the resident Leeville guide, and often posts tips and advice. He even suggest you call him if you have any questions. A really good fisherman and great person. Good luck!
Old 04-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

If it's calm head out to the close rigs with croakers and try for mangroves.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:51 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniem View Post
thanks guys. having never fished the islands out there do you stay far off the island casting to them or get against them fishing away from them back towards the current and deeper water?
On the Gulf side, cast toward them. There are some tidal bays you can get into behind them and have multiple shores within casting distance from the boat. This is really skinny water, but when the reds are chasing bait it can be on. Get out before the tide falls though or you might be stuck.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:53 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3FLa View Post
I agree with all the spots mentioned above, but I think it is a little early for the islands. We did decent near Texaco field in Bayou Lafourche. However, the Gnats were horrible. I suggest two other things (1) Using market shrimp, fish the pass against the rocks. Family member took his kids there and they caught (in my niece's cutest voice)...."one million fish", but mostly sheephead; (2) I would vist Bob Gougues site, Between the Banks, Bob is the resident Leeville guide, and often posts tips and advice. He even suggest you call him if you have any questions. A really good fisherman and great person. Good luck!
When the sheephead are on, it's a real good time, and odds are you'll have some trout and redfish in the mix. We always give the rocks a test with market shrimp on the way by.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:54 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

There is a platform about 6 miles south east of belle pass we call the triple. It's 3 locations connected by catwalks. Bring some poggie cut that up find the galley side throw the chum to the legs. Then free line live croakers and smoke the mangroves.
I've also caught 40plus lb ling and 20 king mackerel there.

Spiral Out
Old 04-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Redfish

Thanks so much for the advice guys. I did meet Bob one time while we were putting over to go bowfishing a couple years ago. He seemed like a nice guy.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:23 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Live shrimp was mentioned earlier in this but, I wasn't able to find any at all there this weekend(Bridgeside & Sand Dollar Marinas). Good luck and, I may be down there Saturday, depending on weather and, work load.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:30 PM
Redfish

southern151 how did you do last weekend? What about cockahoes for redfish and trout? I been using that on point au fer and have been doing pretty good on reds.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:34 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Live shrimp was mentioned earlier in this but, I wasn't able to find any at all there this weekend(Bridgeside & Sand Dollar Marinas). Good luck and, I may be down there Saturday, depending on weather and, work load.
I haven't been this year yet, but Gail's and the bait shop on the bayou across from Gail's usually have live shrimp by now, at least on the weekends. Keep going straight past Leeville when you would usually make the right to get on the toll bridge. By the time you pass TYD's you should see Gail's, the name is written on the roof in big letters.

Glad you're getting after them. My son and I are chomping at the bit.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Cocahoes work well!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:12 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Camadrels bait shop also by Elmer's

Spiral Out
Old 05-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Moran's on the corner by your camp has a bait shop too. And yes cocahoes work well too!