SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Had to work today!

We had 5 boats today for one group that are staying at Venice Sportsman's Lodge. I went to Brenton Island along with another boat from our group. The winds were not bad but were forecast to build all day. The other 3 went to one of the bays where the fish were yesterday. As we approached the island there were no boats there. This is not a good sign. The birds were not very active and the water was stained. We went all the way out and had to stay and give it a try anyway. In the good hour or more we were out there each boat found 5 trout. This was our first.

It was too rough by this time to try the front side of the island and this area was not producing. It was not a wasted run because we did have 5 in the boat. Made the 10 mile run back to land and started working the marsh. I was on a point that looked good but nothing was happening. Just as I was getting ready to make a move John Said "There he is!"

This just bought us more time on that point. With nobody doing anything at all we just camped out on that point and waited for the reds to come around looking for a meal.

We got some rats mixed in as well. There were 4 more trout added to the box also. This gave us a total of 9 trout for the day. No sense leaving now. Every now and then another good fish would come to visit and I made a point to invite it to eat with us in the evening.

At one time when John was taking his line out of the water a redfish about 30 inches sky rocketed on his Voo Doo shrimp and broke his line. I had no desire to move any other place. The bite was slow but we were the only ones in the area getting any fish including 3 of these beautiful flounder.

It started blowing a bit harder and we were somewhat protected where we were so we camped out till it was time to have a fish cleaning party. Ended up with 20 fish in the box. Of the 5 boats I believe we were high hooker for the day. It sure looked good laid out on my deck.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 05-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

I wish that's what my day at work consisted of!

nice job Capt!
Old 05-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,439

Damn that's the job that I wish I had. Good looking trip there capt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Way to stay after em Capt.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726

I was 62 before I started guiding. You have a way to go. Keep dreaming, work hard, and it will come to you. Remember we have customers that expect a good trip under all conditions. It is not like going out fishing.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,075
Exclamation

I don't know if you do any offshore fishing but if you ever need a deck hand man give me a holler! I love being out on the water and love watching people catch fish! So if you ever need help or know anyone that needs help I have a very flexible schedule so just holler!