SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 06-13-2014, 06:57 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792
Default Rockyville

As promised, here is my report: hit Joseph's Harbor Thurs. afternoon, Mudhole and Antpile dead, not even baitfish in my cast net. No crabs in the dropnets either. Tried the concrete dam and while there were some shrimp there, the baitfish were too plentiful and I gave up on that since I didn't have a "culler". Then tried Crab City and the water was so stagnant, all the crabs were up against the bank trying to get oxygen. Noticed something while I was there, seems they might have extended Price Lake Road all the way to the Bertrand Canal. Is that correct?

Tried the "inside" on Friday morning and caught a limit of crabs there. No shrimp. When I was putting the boat in, I noticed that there were about 50 trucks at the the landing for the "outside" at Joseph's Harbor. If everyone was at the concrete dam, there must have been a line just to tie up your boat. Is anyone having luck at any other weirs that I don't know about? I have heard that LSU is being reconstructed so couldn't have been there.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:30 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

Also fished the Rock 6/13.

I theorize that all that dying Sargasm (sp) is sucking the oxygen out of the water, in certain areas. Saw a lot of dead crabs and fish at the Mud hole and caught zero bait fish/shrimp...ZERO (and there was some water movement through the weir). When I finally gave up around 6:30 PM, nobody was at either the Concrete Weir or the Mud Hole.

Fished several spots "inside" and caught......2-12" Specs on pogies !!! The water was muddy inside. Total tital movement from low to high was over 4 ft!!

Overall, would have tried a little harder in a few spots, and expanded my search to a few more challenging areas, but had a "newby" with me that became terrified every time I had to use a push pole, or had a drop of water come over the bow.

Bright Report however is that folks are catching Gar Fish, if that can fit into your dinner plans.

Dominate observation however seems to be that the wind has been kicking steady now for the last few months.

Cheers
Old 06-16-2014, 10:03 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

Crabs and Shrimp so-so today. Shrimp med mostly. Fishing really slow. Crabs didn't feel very heavy.