SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-06-2014, 03:02 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074
Default Tough Weekend of Fishing

Had a couple of college buddies down from N LA and TX for the holiday weekend. Both are experienced bass fisherman but don't get out in the salt very often. Was hoping to take them out to a few platforms but got word the bite had slacked after bad water and seaweed moved in. Fished VBay Thursday after noon and managed to pick up 6 Reds in 4 different spots. Fished Big Lake on the 4th, launching in Cameron, to find 2000 boats and white caps in the ship channel. Fished till 2 and didn't put a fish in the boat. Stopped by Joseph's Harbor to try the Bertrand and didn't get a bite. Threw up a Hail Mary and ran out to Flat Lake and found some reds destroying a school of mullet. Caught 8 reds in about 10 minutes. Water was shallow and filthy but caught them on Chatter Baits rigged with Black and Chart Matrix Vortex. Headed out to Cocodrie at 230 Saturday Morning. Got to my favorite spot and found water dirty and stiff east wind. Had 2 fish in the boat at 11, both caught sight casting with swim baits. Managed a couple more here and there. Picked up some school trout off a point with live cocahoes and tight lined plastics. Managed 10 reds and 12 trout. I was hoping to put them on some fish but weather and tides threw me some curves. Weak to moderate tidal movement, especially with prevailing winds out of the East or West, has hurt me before in Cocodrie. Any suggestions or tactics on what to do when the water's not moving? All things considered, we did ok and I managed to send the rednecks home with some fish. Just looking to do better next time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Six Reds Vbay July 3.jpg (62.5 KB, 327 views)
File Type: jpg Cocodrie 5 July.jpg (56.8 KB, 329 views)

Last edited by Marque; 07-06-2014 at 03:45 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Redfish

Cash: 909

Hey man that's not a bad box of fish for this weekend. I experienced the same thing this weekend and never found a steady bite in any of my normal spots.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,750

Nice box of fish dude.....
Old 07-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Flounder

Cash: 587

Nice haul, that should take some of the sting out of a tough weekend!