Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 05-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
How do you guys store it when you're not using it?
That's another thing I like about the Wang anchor. It cleans easy and when I lay it on the floor the handle keeps it from rolling around and the fiberglass doesn't damage my boat. When I'm fishing it lays on on the side of my front deck so it's easily accessible when I need it.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

I cut 2 foot off the lenght of mine so I can store it in my rod locker. and I wrap it with the rope so it doesn't chip the glass in the locker as you can see in the picture

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Flounder

Cash: 1,189

I made a few from this site.

http://www.mgs4u.com/shallow-water-boat-anchors.htm

The 3/4" 8' fiberglass poles were $16 a piece and the stainless tip and T handle were each about 10 bucks. Almost identical to the stick it anchor for $36 a piece.

The shipping on the fiberglass rods from what I can remember was $33 and the shipping for the stick it anchor was free. So if you only want 1 it isn't worth it. however the shipping for 1 to 23 rods is exactly the same. So if you build a few for yourself and your buddies you can split the shipping and save a good chunk of change.

I built 5 and with shipping they came out to $42 a piece.

They work well for anchoring my 21' bayboat in up to about 5' of water. Also use them on our duck boats with brackets to hold us in place when hunting.

I thought about putting a bracket on my bay boat but because the bracket would be several feet out the water it would probably only effectively work in about 2' of water so I just tie it off to the boat and it works fine. A lot easier than an anchor and surprisingly comes out without much mud on it.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Flounder

Cash: 649

I have the 8ft stick it. I keep the lanyard wrapped to it and tied to a cleat on the bow. Easy and efficient to use. Been worth every penny.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,467

Granger sells the 3/4 fiberglass rods for under 40.00. Ship to store is free.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Redfish

Cash: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcckc2002 View Post
Granger sells the 3/4 fiberglass rods for under 40.00. Ship to store is free.
Do the google search on fiber glass tree stakes. I did earlier and you can get an 8' for $15 and $10 shipping. There were several sites that came up on my search. It would be worth looking into.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragincajun View Post
I made a few from this site.

http://www.mgs4u.com/shallow-water-boat-anchors.htm

The 3/4" 8' fiberglass poles were $16 a piece and the stainless tip and T handle were each about 10 bucks. Almost identical to the stick it anchor for $36 a piece.

The shipping on the fiberglass rods from what I can remember was $33 and the shipping for the stick it anchor was free. So if you only want 1 it isn't worth it. however the shipping for 1 to 23 rods is exactly the same. So if you build a few for yourself and your buddies you can split the shipping and save a good chunk of change.

I built 5 and with shipping they came out to $42 a piece.

They work well for anchoring my 21' bayboat in up to about 5' of water. Also use them on our duck boats with brackets to hold us in place when hunting.

I thought about putting a bracket on my bay boat but because the bracket would be several feet out the water it would probably only effectively work in about 2' of water so I just tie it off to the boat and it works fine. A lot easier than an anchor and surprisingly comes out without much mud on it.
OK then... who else is interested in one or two of these? I am looking to either build one or buy the stick it anchor. If we have enough around my area to cut cost of shipping we could do this. I live in Belle Chasse

I am thinking two per boat would be good, this is what I will be doing in order to position my bow in the direction I want to be facing.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visco View Post
OK then... who else is interested in one or two of these? I am looking to either build one or buy the stick it anchor. If we have enough around my area to cut cost of shipping we could do this. I live in Belle Chasse

I am thinking two per boat would be good, this is what I will be doing in order to position my bow in the direction I want to be facing.
Bump
Old 06-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Tripletail

Stick it anchor pin with free shipping:
http://www.shop.stickitanchorpins.co...stem-52364.htm

So I stopped by our local hardware store (Jeanfreaus Hardware) and the owner is going to order some of these as he has had a few come in asking about them. Just wanted to let everyone know if you come down Belle Chasse Hwy heading towards Port Sulphur, Empire, Venice in about two weeks you might want to stop by there and see him. They have a good selection of fishing gear and boat supplies as well.
http://jeanfreaus.doitbest.com/home.aspx

Good luck fishing
Old 06-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,364

i make a 10' x 3/4" fiberglass stick.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:14 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visco View Post
Stick it anchor pin with free shipping:
http://www.shop.stickitanchorpins.co...stem-52364.htm

So I stopped by our local hardware store (Jeanfreaus Hardware) and the owner is going to order some of these as he has had a few come in asking about them. Just wanted to let everyone know if you come down Belle Chasse Hwy heading towards Port Sulphur, Empire, Venice in about two weeks you might want to stop by there and see him. They have a good selection of fishing gear and boat supplies as well.
http://jeanfreaus.doitbest.com/home.aspx

Good luck fishing
I figured I would update this link by saying Jean Freaus now carries these. He has the 8' X 3/4" in white and black for $84 a piece. I will have one or both within a few weeks,