SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-18-2014, 05:44 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,851
Default Industrial Control Valve Positioners

Our site is looking at what else is out there besides the Fisher DVC 6200. We are not having good luck with these. I am in the process of arranging multiple lunch and learns for different manufacturers currently and was curious about what other plants/oil field are using on their control valves. We use mainly Fisher control valves and also have positioners on some the 1/4 turn and 3 way valves with Kinetrol actuators on these valves. 90% of our Fishers are linear valves with the remaining being rotary. The problem that we don't like is going from an older DVC to the 6200 our guys are having problems picking and mounting the adapter kits. I've personally looked at the Masoneilan SVI postioners and like the ease of mounting and set up and the pushbuttons on it are a plus vs carrying a 475 comunicator. I've also heard good things about an Automax positioner. What's the SC's thoughts?
Old 09-18-2014, 08:04 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 949

try kimray valves
Old 09-18-2014, 10:02 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Try Rawson.
337-882-8095
Old 09-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Redfish

Cash: 758

Try calling Troy Broussard with Accutrol. 625-5595 He will shoot straight with you. I've been doing business with him for 16 yrs. and he never sold me any junk...
Old 09-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Ling

Guys I'm looking for brands that y'all are using and likes and dislikes not salesman/vendors. I have more vendors then I need I'm just hearing that everybody's is the best out there.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet View Post
Our site is looking at what else is out there besides the Fisher DVC 6200. We are not having good luck with these. I am in the process of arranging multiple lunch and learns for different manufacturers currently and was curious about what other plants/oil field are using on their control valves. We use mainly Fisher control valves and also have positioners on some the 1/4 turn and 3 way valves with Kinetrol actuators on these valves. 90% of our Fishers are linear valves with the remaining being rotary. The problem that we don't like is going from an older DVC to the 6200 our guys are having problems picking and mounting the adapter kits. I've personally looked at the Masoneilan SVI postioners and like the ease of mounting and set up and the pushbuttons on it are a plus vs carrying a 475 comunicator. I've also heard good things about an Automax positioner. What's the SC's thoughts?
We use Masoneilan SVI 2 positioners at Louisiana Pigment. They are easy to set up with the push buttons as you said. They can be ordered without the buttons if you're concerned about operators messing with them, but from a technician standpoint the buttons and display are great for setup and troubleshooting. We also have valvevue software that can be used to set up the positioners with a laptop.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Redfish

Cash: 758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet View Post
Guys I'm looking for brands that y'all are using and likes and dislikes not salesman/vendors. I have more vendors then I need I'm just hearing that everybody's is the best out there.
In that case, our guys use the DVC 6200 and they don't have a problem with choosing the right hardware when upgrading from a 5000 series. Maybe you could get Fisher to come in and do some training.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:56 PM
Ling

We had Fisher in today, we are going from 6010's, 20's, and 30's. Fisher has 7 different brackets to choose from where Masoneilan has 3 and it's more of a linear vs rotary deal not what size, type and travel with the Fisher's. I'm just curious how the SVI's hold up. We have dirty air and change I/P's often in the DVC's, I'm curious if I will have more or less of these with the SVI's or other vendor.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,165

I can't compare how the Masoneilan positioners deal with a bad atmosphere compared to other brands, but we make pigment and have a lot of dust in the air.