SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 12-29-2014, 08:57 AM
specktator's Avatar
specktator specktator is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 6,582
Cash: 3,555
Default Gas prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
agreed!

I have a buddy that owns a gas station, he makes 5 cents on each gallon, so for every $20 you spend in fuel he makes 1$, to run the business, keep the pumps on, lights and employees. So when I fill up my truck (40 gal) he only makes 2$ off me. When I fill up my 24yr old civic he makes .65 cents (I don't let it get below 1/2 on that car)

The distributor is about the same margin. But the state and feds take as much as 40 cents per gallon.

I am a fuel distributor and I can promise you your buddy is making more than $.05 a gallon. Especially right now with these crazy prices. Unless he owns a Race Trac or Tobacco Plus or something similar. Which they are making more than $.05 a gallon as well. Margins for distributors are very minimal though.

Rack Price on Unleaded today is $1.297 +
.384(taxes) +.003 (fees)=$1.684

The distributor probably makes $.08-.10 a gallon off him so he's getting it for $1.78-$1.80/gallon.

But if he's only adding $.05 to it, he must be moving a whole lot of fuel or getting screwed by his distributor. Tell him to call me!!
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map