SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs)

The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) Discuss everything related to tackle here, including making your own

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #14  
Old 12-29-2014, 08:43 PM
RichWentFishing504's Avatar
RichWentFishing504 RichWentFishing504 is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Metairie
Posts: 151
Cash: 792
Default

I could get by with 4 rods for all my speckled trout and redfish fishing.

A 7 foot medium light spinning rod for popping corks. 30 lb braid. Fast action tip to pop all day.

7 foot medium casting rod for 1/16-1/4 oz jigheads tight line, rattle traps, mirrolures, small cranks and top waters. 12 lb mono. Smooth parabolic action to keep those trout lips whole.

7 foot medium heavy casting rod for big topwaters, spoons, rattle traps, mirrolures, 3/8 or 1/2 oz jigheads. 15 lb mono. A little heavier for those larger lures.

8 foot medium spinning rod for sliding corks and bottom fishing. 40lb braid ( so I can outcast and annoy my partner lol)

I've since added a dedicated crankbait rod bc I love cranking reds but in all honesty I could make do without it. It's more of a convience thing having everything already tied up and not having to stop and retie.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map