SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:05 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792
Default for our offshore warriors

a lot different than that workboat I worked off of one summer sandblasting platforms
http://1079ishot.com/life-on-a-oil-platform/
Old 02-27-2015, 10:42 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 767

From reading comments, looks like Chevron already had the video pulled.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:07 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

I certainly hope that people watching this video and have never been offshore understand this is not the norm. This is a multi-billion dollar package in deep water. I have been on platforms where you had to sleep in a recliner in a Morgan building. I have been on everything from OSV's with dynamic positioning holding a boat in place for dive work for weeks on end, to a wooden platform in the marshes of S.LA.

The deepwater projects are nice, but I hate the stairs!!!! LOL - bad knees suck!. The absoulte best gig I ever had was MP-299 for Freeport McMoran (sulphur mine). Super nice facility, had our own golf cart to get around, private office and quarters, and very minimal stairs! I would wake up, hit the elevator, and be done with my work in 2-3 hours. Rest of the day was fishing! LOL - Yep, the good ole' days!
Old 02-27-2015, 11:21 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

How could this lady actually think the music and content would be OK to publish sans authorization?
Old 02-27-2015, 11:41 AM
Redfish

Cash: 692

If this vid was not authorized by the company I would not be surprised if somebody gets laid off because of this video.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:00 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

I tired after watching them climb all of those stairs.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:38 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 495

The video approval process is first simple. All you really need is the proper Permit to Work depending on the type of camera. Now publishing it for the world to see could be a security issue so I could see a company pulling the video. I work for a major on a Deepwater TLP so I am speaking from experience.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Flounder

Cash: 795

They have obviously never been on a Parker barge rig. 30 guys, 2 showers, 2 toilets and only 1 works. I would love to work on a rig like this compared to some I have been on.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:37 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

Well I thought the video was cool at any rate. Thanks for posting. I now have a little more insight on what a platform looks like although this one was probably one of the nicer ones to be on.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:50 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl8200 View Post
Well I thought the video was cool at any rate. Thanks for posting. I now have a little more insight on what a platform looks like although this one was probably one of the nicer ones to be on.

Yes it is., that platform was just installed last year. I miss being out there, but have no desire to leave my family and be a day or two away if your lucky during an emergency - can't replace weekends and all those important milestones you miss when you have kids.

Hats off to the guys that keep at it and keep the machine running!
Old 02-28-2015, 01:29 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by slambin View Post
They have obviously never been on a Parker barge rig. 30 guys, 2 showers, 2 toilets and only 1 works. I would love to work on a rig like this compared to some I have been on.

X2!! Production vs drilling and deepwater vs inland waters is two totally different worlds.... I can't get over how clean everything looked in the video. Still hard to be away no matter how nice the rig is.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:01 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Guys. I'm a 3rd party contractor. I worked for a major oil company for 5 yrs on several Spar platforms in deep water out of the mouth of the Miss. The Spar's are the biggest in the world... Sinking 650' below the top of the water. Anchor Chain links so massive they are 10" in Dia. 30" long and 18" wide. Forgot the weigh.

They nice semi-private or private rooms if U are leadership. Food Awesome.. Amenites are awesome. Still 2 weeks or longer is a long time.

21/21, 14/14 are all long times to be away from UR families. I must say I think a 10/10 schedule would be the best of all worlds.

Nice Video..
Old 02-28-2015, 08:12 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

I thought this was a great video. Been 10+ years since I've been offshore. I love being out there but hated getting there. Boats make me sick and helicopters scare me. Had 2-3 close calls. Last time out to the Mars, we aborted landing in high winds and got there next day. Crew thought we were goners when bird dropped below helideck. Oilmen have my total respect. The unsung American hero's. God Bless them.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 653

If it was a video of the jackups that I've worked on the video would have been only 2 min long.