SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 04-28-2015, 11:49 AM
simplepeddler's Avatar
simplepeddler simplepeddler is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saint amant
Posts: 3,421
Cash: 1,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I'm not sure I agree. I think other people should generally be respected until they provide good reason not to be.

I am certainly teaching my children to respect others, and especially teachers, coaches, and uniformed public servants unless they have a good reason not to (such as an apparent attempt to cause harm, deceive, or clearly abuse authority).

I also think law enforcement would generally improve if officers more consistently demonstrated respect for citizens unless they have good reason not to in a specific case and circumstance.

The "us" vs. "them" mentality is not really helping unless one refrains as classifying others as "them" until you have specific, credible information giving you a good reason to classify someone as "them."

You are correct...........there is however, a trend in these large cities to teach children NOT to respect others unless it is earned.........

But we have a younger group that is confusing fear with respect.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map