SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #35  
Old 07-01-2015, 12:49 PM
duckman1911's Avatar
duckman1911 duckman1911 is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Otis
Posts: 4,194
Cash: 5,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
Just got an '04 Tahoe with 68k on it. I'm sure it'll last a good while. Gonna change out the transmission fluid next week. Had to change the water pump gaskets and just put on a new water pump to be done with it since I already had it off. Other than that, I've put about 5k on it already and no problems. I know I'll end up changing out the fuel pump around 100k. Couldn't pass on the mileage plus having room for the family I know will be coming in another year or so.
That's a solid ride man. That 5.3 liter is a great engine. You are right about the fuel pump though. Keep it above 1/4 tank all the time. People kill their fuel pumps by running on a low tank. The fuel helps keep the pump cool. It can't stay cool when running on an 1/8 tank. The other issue we see a lot with them is that dam intermiddiate steering shaft clunking when you turn the steering wheel. Not something that is a safet concern just annoying to some. Not too bad to change either man.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map