SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 08-07-2015, 03:58 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 554
Default Going to Venice

We're coming to Venice from August 22nd thru the 29th..... I have a couple of questions. I see the water level in Nawlins is about 14.4 and dropping. It is predicted by the 11th it will be at 13 ft. Does anyone believe it will be below 5 feet by the 22nd? My other question is I assume the Specks are starting to scatter since the spawn is over. Where's the best area to find them? I'll be bringing my 18 LTS Mako and I'm pretty familiar with most of the areas... Just looking for some tips for this time of the year. I know last year at that time, the water level was already down and you had nice salt water intrusion up the Mississippi. Thanks in Advance?
Old 08-07-2015, 06:40 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I would say no. Best area to find them is to the east. Rigs in Breton Sound, Black Bay, and the islands
Old 08-07-2015, 07:03 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

How far are you comfortable with running? I would Imagine some of the outlets at the ends of the smaller passes would be holding trout.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:22 AM
Sand Trout

Thanks for the reply's.... I have just about a 150 mile range and I've taking my boat out to the passes many times.... However I haven't really been out to the rigs in Breton Sound... On a flat day I would be comfortable doing that.... So basically I'm getting that the Specks would likely be at the rigs... I was in Venice in in June and did very well out of the Passes catching lots of Specks... I just started thinking they may not be where we were catching in June.... Thanks for the heads up on the Breton Sound area... I'll have to look at the area close... How far are the rigs when you go out of the pass? Would you be going out of Baptist Colette from Venice Marina? Thanks Again....
Old 08-07-2015, 08:28 AM
Sand Trout

So if the river stage is up, what does that mean for the Speckle trout that like to start stage in the deeper canals ect....? We fished Last September and it made for nice fishing in the evening... We would go to the Passes in the Morning, then fish Diversion and a few closer areas in the evening... Without the salt water intrusion, I'm assuming the Diversion won't be holding any Reds ect...? Just trying to map out a game plan without wasting a lot of time on unproductive water. Thanks...
Old 08-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

It all depends on how hard the river is flowing. I usually don't look at the NOLA gauge because of how shallow it is. I like looking at BR because you can see more of a swing just because its deeper.

If the river is still up and your familiar with the run you could try the beach off of PAL.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:43 PM
Sand Trout

Capt. Coonassty.... Where is PAL.... I guess I'm not that familiar with the area lol....
Old 08-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentrout View Post
Capt. Coonassty.... Where is PAL.... I guess I'm not that familiar with the area lol....

Pass a loutre if I had to guess
Old 08-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Sand Trout

Got you.... Thanks.....