SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:50 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I commend Hooper for making possibly the most epic Saltycajun thread of 2015. Bravo sir! You should be proud.

Capt Coon, I seriously doubt they do. That's their whole gimmick. Come to a town and flame a solemn event such as a funeral and hope someone attempts to harm them, then sue the city for millions for failing to adequately protect them. If they had their own security, that would be defeating their purpose.

Since we discussed holsters, Church Security Teams, conceal carry vs. open carry, the legalities of carrying at a church and on private property, the inadequacies of the required firearms training, mega churches vs. small town churches, MMA, and WBC; that only leaves one question left............... 9mm or 45?
Do the church security teams have prepared ditch bags? Do they also maintain supplies(water, non-perishables...etc) for a long term "situation"?
Old 08-13-2015, 12:06 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
I commend Hooper for making possibly the most epic Saltycajun thread of 2015. Bravo sir! You should be proud.

Capt Coon, I seriously doubt they do. That's their whole gimmick. Come to a town and flame a solemn event such as a funeral and hope someone attempts to harm them, then sue the city for millions for failing to adequately protect them. If they had their own security, that would be defeating their purpose.

Since we discussed holsters, Church Security Teams, conceal carry vs. open carry, the legalities of carrying at a church and on private property, the inadequacies of the required firearms training, mega churches vs. small town churches, MMA, and WBC; that only leaves one question left............... 9mm or 45?
.45 of course. Looking into a 8" 500S&W for a back up weapon but am having trouble finding an ankle holster for it.lm ao
Old 08-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Redfish

Cash: 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
My goodness. That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Bad things happen to good people sometimes my friend. Evil is everywhere is this screwed up world we live in.

Your response and others show a fundamental misunderstanding of Christianity and how Christians are to respond to evil in the world.
10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Ephesians 6: 10 - 17 KJV

There's nothing in those verses about using guns to "protect" yourselves. This battle between good and evil is spiritual. You don't fight spirits with guns.
38Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Matthew 5: 38 - 39 KJV

That one may be difficult to swallow, but to solidify the principle.
31And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. 32And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him. 33But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men. 34And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 35For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Mark 8: 31 - 35 KJV

True Christians are not in the business of preserving their life on earth, but only in doing God's will. A pastor should know that.
15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 7: 15 - 22

Old 08-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
.45 of course. Looking into a 8" 500S&W for a back up weapon but am having trouble finding an ankle holster for it.lm ao
DeSantis got dat
Old 08-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post

Your response and others show a fundamental misunderstanding of Christianity and how Christians are to respond to evil in the world.
10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

There's nothing in those verses about using guns to "protect" yourselves. This battle between good and evil is spiritual. You don't fight spirits with guns.
38Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

31And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. 32And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him. 33But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men. 34And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 35For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

True Christians are not in the business of preserving their life on earth, but only in doing God's will. A pastor should know that.
15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Could one also argue that not defending yourself in the face of death would be suicide?
Old 08-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Could one also argue that not defending yourself in the face of death would be suicide?
One can argue what they wish.

Stephen did not commit suicide. Nor did he resist his killers.
54When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth. 55But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. 57Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, 58And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. 59And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. 60And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Acts 7: 54 - 60

Stephen knew something:
10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Matthew 5: 10 - 12 KJV

Old 08-13-2015, 01:05 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 767

Quote:
DeSantis got dat
Gonna have to pair it with some bell-bottoms.....
Old 08-13-2015, 01:29 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboy View Post
Gonna have to pair it with some bell-bottoms.....
If they were cool enough for Elvis then they're cool enough for me.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:56 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:

Lmao
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (99.7 KB, 84 views)
Old 08-13-2015, 02:16 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
If they were cool enough for Elvis then they're cool enough for me.
So you sayin I should go with bell bottoms instead of speedos and crocs? Its pretty dang hot right now bro and that polyester chaffs a little in some spots.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

So I guess David was wrong when asked God to guide his stone when he took down Goliath? Not a modern weapon, but a weapon none the less. Turning the other cheek is good but not when it means losing your life for it. I have a family that relies on me to come home every day and also to protect them in every way necessary. We will all leave this world when our time comes. It isn't our job to speed things up by allowing someone else to decide when that is.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:10 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
DeSantis got dat
Checked. On backorder
Lm f ao
Old 08-13-2015, 11:17 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
One can argue what they wish.

Stephen did not commit suicide. Nor did he resist his killers.
54When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth. 55But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. 57Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, 58And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. 59And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. 60And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Acts 7: 54 - 60

Stephen knew something:
10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Matthew 5: 10 - 12 KJV

In the book of Luke didn't Jesus instruct his disciples to sell their cloaks and buy swords?
Old 08-13-2015, 11:26 PM
Sailfish

Renegade ponder this long and hard. I pray it never happens but if it did would your last though be God I'm coming or God I want to live?
Old 08-13-2015, 11:40 PM
Sailfish

To think that God is not a warrior is nuts. To think that God does not approve of self defense is nuts. The bible has so many passages that show that defense of ones self and others is justified. Cowering like a beaten dog is not looked well upon. God is a warrior of the utmost degree. Michael and Gabriel were two of Gods fighters.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:44 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Renegade ponder this long and hard. I pray it never happens but if it did would your last though be God I'm coming or God I want to live?
Silly question.

Jesus Christ himself struggled with giving up his own life. He had the power to destroy Pontius Pilate and everybody else. But, he didn't. He was obedient and gave up his life because something more beneficial was on the other side.

If I was truly a Christian - truly Christ-like - I hope I'd have the faith to know God's will is better than mine.

I would hope to be like the faithful servant Job:
Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him. - Job 13: 15 KJV
Old 08-13-2015, 11:47 PM
Redfish

Quote:
To think that God is not a warrior is nuts. To think that God does not approve of self defense is nuts. The bible has so many passages that show that defense of ones self and others is justified. Cowering like a beaten dog is not looked well upon. God is a warrior of the utmost degree. Michael and Gabriel were two of Gods fighters.
'Tis true. God is a warrior.

However:
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Romans 12: 19 KJV

Last edited by Renegade; 08-14-2015 at 12:14 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:57 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

Vengeance and self protection are two completely different things brother
Old 08-14-2015, 12:00 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Yall can quot the " book" all yall want there's a passage that will cover every point of view!! Cause there all out of content read a page or two before or after your "quotes and no the real meaning" then it all makes sense before just posting random points that fit your agenda!!!

Yall would be surprised what you can learn
Old 08-14-2015, 12:25 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
Yall can quot the " book" all yall want there's a passage that will cover every point of view!! Cause there all out of content read a page or two before or after your "quotes and no the real meaning" then it all makes sense before just posting random points that fit your agenda!!!

Yall would be surprised what you can learn
If you have a clearer understanding, you're welcome to provide it. Evidence to back your opinion helps. It may be required.
9Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
10For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Isaiah 28: 9 - 10
Hmmm. Line upon line. Precept upon precept.
21Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

1 Thessalonians 5: 21
Enough said.