SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:30 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

Not too long ago I recall some 55 gallon drums were used for sewage solid "disposal", and the the over flow from the 55 gallom drums ran into a ditch that circled the Rig (land Rigs).

If you want to pursue something more appealing, they used to dump Water Based drilled cuttings, drilling mud etc. into a hole and cover it all up after the job was done with dirt. Only problem is, in reality..... is we all produce garbage, drive automobiles and chhit in a toilet (most times).
Old 01-25-2016, 02:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,429

Not taking any helpful information to be rude at all. Yes I have not stepped foot on many rig locations I'll admit that. That is why I was asking the more informed for a little information on the subject.

But the watering system is just ONE idea of the uses of the sanitized discharge water. I would bet that dust is an issue for some of these sites, that's where a watering system could be used. The people who would be paying for it are the same people who are paying for it to be shipped off. It would more than likely not be going to a Drilling Contractor seeing as they would only be there to drill. It's the same as the current systems in place, if something breaks on their facility either they come out to fix it or contract it out locally. The idea that I have, and yes this is only an idea but you have to start somewhere, could potentially save companies money. I'm guessing you don't realize that actual amount that these companies deal with local DEQ and EPA officials. Everything they do is looked at from an environmental view. If they "mess up" a local watering hole or kill off some cows for a local farmer, **** always hits the fan. I deal DEQ, DHH, and the EPA on a daily bases, I know exactly how fierce they can be and just how much damage they do for an individual or company of any size. So if I could offer a less expensive route while having a "good" public image for the company then why not. The way the world is shaping towards environmental concerns is growing faster every day. It would be pretty awesome to get in on the wave ahead of time. AGAIN I only have an idea, I'm not even sure this will work or be certified/approved for actual treatment OR if any company would even hear me out, but hell gotta start somewhere right!

I'm looking towards the sewage side of it because that's what I do every day and it's an "easier" route for me to pursue.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

IMO- LandRig locations probably won't have enough users to justify the cost of your proposed solution. I would recommend trying to figure out what average disposal cost is per person on a land rig location.

Your solution may not be cost effective on land where regulations are less strict and disposal services are more convenient and cheaper.

Offshore production or drilling might be a better niche; if you have water under your feet every service is more expensive, along with more demanding regulations.

Good Luck
PM if you have any questions, I'm not a waste water guy, but I'm in the Chemical treatment business.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,429

B-Stealth, that's exactly what I fear is going to happen. I have the same thought of the actual discharge at the rigs. I will be going at it from multiple directions. Let's just see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2016, 08:54 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

On land, they collect and haul, forget trying to get them to spend money otherwise. but for cost of current haulage rates, I don't know, but Non-haz oily water is anywhere from 30-50 cents per gallon. I would expect sewerage to be much less. Forget about offshore, they treat and release under NPDES permits. No issues there. Where you may want to try, is forget about sewerage and look at industrial waste water. All industrial facilities that treat and release washbay waters (not connected to city sewers), must have discharge permits with state DEQs. I've not seen many treatment systems that can consistently meet the stringent permit limits, especially for Chemical Oxygen Demand. Very tough. If you could research DEQ to determine allowable discharge limits for "watering" lawns and not requiring expensive treatment plants, you may find business who would love getting rid of expensive to run treatment systems, and hassle of stringent discharge permits.