SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:31 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189
Default Stuttgart, Arkansas...Today

Today me and capt. charlie went out to look for some fish...waters been really dirty in most places around hopedale latley and that is y i havent fished much in the past week....

We found clean water at the first hole...caught our 50 dinks..and i tagged about 10 small specks and 1 redfish...waters getting cleaner...i miss my summer time fishing though...No pics all small cleaned at dock...

Also I am leaving next wednesday for stuttgart..the duck capitol of the world...we go every year around the same time and alway limit on green heads black ducks and geese...its a blast and no BS trash ducks like spoonies and dos gris....

I was wondering if any of yall go..or have gone..???

We usually rent rice fields from this farmer we meant 4 years ago up there..he has a nice setup with pit blinds and all...but this year his operation is shut down so we need to find another farmer....

We hunt the timber 3 days and usually hunt the fields the last 2 days....anyways i pumped about it and cant wait...im like a kid before christmas..
Old 12-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
Today me and capt. charlie went out to look for some fish...waters been really dirty in most places around hopedale latley and that is y i havent fished much in the past week....

We found clean water at the first hole...caught our 50 dinks..and i tagged about 10 small specks and 1 redfish...waters getting cleaner...i miss my summer time fishing though...No pics all small cleaned at dock...

Also I am leaving next wednesday for stuttgart..the duck capitol of the world...we go every year around the same time and alway limit on green heads black ducks and geese...its a blast and no BS trash ducks like spoonies and dos gris....

We usually rent rice fields from this farmer we meant 4 years ago up there..he has a nice setup with pit blinds and all...but this year his operation is shut down so we need to find another farmer....

We hunt the timber 3 days and usually hunt the fields the last 2 days....anyways i pumped about it and cant wait...im like a kid before christmas..
You are a "Kid" before Christmas H/H. Enjoy your trip and stay safe on the way up and down the highway.

Regards and Merry Christmas
Old 12-21-2009, 08:23 PM
King Mackeral

lol thanks r little will do...im a big 20 year old kid...
Old 12-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Thats awesome man,gotta love those flooded timber hunts...
Old 12-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

i'm trying to swing an arkansas duck hunt out of my mother in laws boyfriend who is from up there, I can't beg enough!!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,571

Quote:
Thats awesome man,gotta love those flooded timber hunts
AMEN...its on the list!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 12-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Redfish

Cash: 708

Quote:

My father-in-law lives in North Little Rock. We took a ride a couple of years back to Stuggart during duck season. We headed down to Macks Prarie Wings and rode around after that and looked for ducks in the fields. I want to make a hunt up there one day in that flooded timber...That looks like some fun stuff!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505

I know this guy that had some property in Clarendon. That's about 20 miles east of stuttgart. He would charge us $50 per person per hunt. Very cool old man. Only thing is last time I went was bout 2 years ago. The old man was in bad shape health wise. I don't even know if he is still around. I can give u his number if u interested. He doesn't have any blinds we would hunt off levee. And he has a little timber hole. We did well out there.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

That's one of my "Bucket List" items, to go on a duck hunt in Stuggart
Old 12-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I hunted there about 20 years ago with some co-workers and we did o.k.
The hunting back then in Cameron Parish was a lot better than up there.
They just had Mallards and a few Wood Ducks. We had everything.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
That's one of my "Bucket List" items, to go on a duck hunt in Stuggart

Forget stuggart... Hunting in Mexico or canada is on my bucket list!
Old 12-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Canada is on there too, I wanna hit up the major spots.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505

i have been going to mexico the last few years. we hammer the pintail down there. i am going back at the end of january. cant wait!
Old 12-22-2009, 11:55 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post

if you only knew lil ma....dont poo poo stuttgart till you been...never seen so many birds in the sky above my head except for maybe in the duck commander new zeland video.....south la duck hunting is laughed at compared to arkansas duck hunting now a days...i defend it though..we got a variety of ducks down here..they got mallards geese black ducks and wood ducks....in some rice fields you may shoot spoonies and teal...
Old 12-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

4 guys from my lease went up yesterday. Hunted ricefield all day. Dawn to dusk. Saw and shot 1 spoonbill.

They were suppose to hunt again today but came back to the marsh and killed a few.

They ducks aren't anywhere right now. They went north. No ducks in central Louisiana today or yesterday
Old 12-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
if you only knew lil ma....dont poo poo stuttgart till you been...never seen so many birds in the sky above my head except for maybe in the duck commander new zeland video.....south la duck hunting is laughed at compared to arkansas duck hunting now a days...i defend it though..we got a variety of ducks down here..they got mallards geese black ducks and wood ducks....in some rice fields you may shoot spoonies and teal...
Make you one trip to Canada and you will never spend your money in Arkansas again. You will see thousands of ducks a hunt
Old 12-23-2009, 12:06 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
4 guys from my lease went up yesterday. Hunted ricefield all day. Dawn to dusk. Saw and shot 1 spoonbill.

They were suppose to hunt again today but came back to the marsh and killed a few.

They ducks aren't anywhere right now. They went north. No ducks in central Louisiana today or yesterday

wrong fields i know 4 guys who went last week and shot thier limits of greens and a bunch of geese everyday....
Old 12-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
wrong fields i know 4 guys who went last week and shot thier limits of greens and a bunch of geese everyday....

only if ducks was that easy to predict...that was last week...Last saturday we seen plenty of ducks in JB...we'll see if they still there come tomorrow.

good luck when you leave
Old 12-23-2009, 02:06 PM
King Mackeral

yeah...tanks fool...one thing you'll learn about ducks is they got thier own mind....im just saying ive been going since i was 14 years old and never busted up there...

also i just checked the weather and thier calling for snow up there wednesday and thursday...nothing like a flooded timber hunt in the snow.....happend last year for the first time and its amazing..
Old 12-26-2009, 06:05 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,852

Any report from your Arkansas hunt????