SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
1st off I didnt ask for anyone support but one guy on here and he is the only one I need...this is not a boycott bandwagon. I can do all the damage I need in News papers, news stations and Magazines
I don't need an army ...

Btw..did you find that oyster dredging fact
W, I love how you use the word "we" so much. If you weren't looking for support (attention)....why did you post a "pole" to find out who was in agreement with you? Jeff Poe knows alot more about the goings-on in Big Lake than you, yet, he does not have facts that 100% prove that the limit reduction was a bad thing. Nobody cares what you think because you are too wishy-washy. You do the very same thing in the Sports Bar time after time. Chicken proved that and you had no defense to state otherwise.

BTW, Will Drost must have had the evidence to get the limit reduced because he sure got it done.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post
i just post one
Just read thought that...that says zero about hurting Big Lake....they only thing mention was how north end stays closed which it has always been closed and water temps....lol
Old 06-05-2012, 03:32 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,052

no you didn't read it it says that the live oysters on the north end supports marine life alot better than the destroyed reefs on the south ends. the north end has larger clusters and is able to support the stuff for the bait to eat.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:34 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

I think the oyster issue is more important, but when I consider the challenge for data, I have to concede that I have not seen as much data on the oyster issue in Calcasieu as I have on the trout limit issue. My convictions on the oyster issue come more from the historical decline of Galveston Bay and Chesapeake Bay fisheries after the oyster reefs were dramatically over harvested in these systems. However, there were other pollution and urban run-off factors that are not present in Calcasieu. The reason so little data is available in Calcasieu is that the issue only started to become as serious as I believe it is now in 2010. Usually it takes some time for studies to be conducted and the data to become available. So the absence of data is not evidence for the absence of a serious problem. Calcasieu might be more resilient with respect to other estuaries with regards to the decimation of its oyster reefs. I don't think so, but there is too little data at this time.

Since the trout limit change occurred in 2006, there has been more time for data to emerge, though I think the data is not really definitive. The data is rather compelling that the problem is real and raising the limit would probably improve both the overall health of the ecosystem and be likely to increase the number of larger trout by improving growth rates and body condition. However, the available data shows that there is not likely a looming disaster, only an opportunity for improvement.

The oyster issue is probably more important in the long run, and I hope folks keep their eyes open for data and bring hard facts into the discussion.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:37 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post
http://etd.lsu.edu/docs/available/et...BeckThesis.pdf

alot of info here but this is a study on several sites including a comparision of the north and south ends of big lake.......maybe someone smarter than me can interpet it. its on the effects of oyster dredging. i personally don't care either way what ever is best for the lake.....probly both
Great find and a valuable resource to inform this discussion. Thanks for posting the link.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasin'tail View Post
W, it's just the way the world goes. Your fight for limits to be put back to where they should be is one that, can't be won without some very high ups getting on-board. And I'm afraid that they have to much vested to reverse their mistake. We've seen the lake in it's prime and will most likely never experience that ability to catch the quality of fish that was once an everyday occurance. Now you really have to work to catch the 7, 8, 9 lbers. And I'm afraid that the rest of the state will be at the 15 fish limit sooner that later. YES, there is NO biological info to support the current limits. But that doesn't matter.
The matter of oyster fishing on the lake should only be allowed with tongs, it's really hard to move that much reef with them.
Well said. I would also support tong only oyster fishing.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasin'tail View Post
W, it's just the way the world goes. Your fight for limits to be put back to where they should be is one that, can't be won without some very high ups getting on-board. And I'm afraid that they have to much vested to reverse their mistake. We've seen the lake in it's prime and will most likely never experience that ability to catch the quality of fish that was once an everyday occurance. Now you really have to work to catch the 7, 8, 9 lbers. And I'm afraid that the rest of the state will be at the 15 fish limit sooner that later. YES, there is NO biological info to support the current limits. But that doesn't matter.
The matter of oyster fishing on the lake should only be allowed with tongs, it's really hard to move that much reef with them.
I agree but I also love that we showed the fishing community what a idiotic selfish greed by small few it really was

I have proven my point and I think you could call this thread a Win on limit the reduced limits
Old 06-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I think the oyster issue is more important, but when I consider the challenge for data, I have to concede that I have not seen as much data on the oyster issue in Calcasieu as I have on the trout limit issue. My convictions on the oyster issue come more from the historical decline of Galveston Bay and Chesapeake Bay fisheries after the oyster reefs were dramatically over harvested in these systems. However, there were other pollution and urban run-off factors that are not present in Calcasieu. The reason so little data is available in Calcasieu is that the issue only started to become as serious as I believe it is now in 2010. Usually it takes some time for studies to be conducted and the data to become available. So the absence of data is not evidence for the absence of a serious problem. Calcasieu might be more resilient with respect to other estuaries with regards to the decimation of its oyster reefs. I don't think so, but there is too little data at this time.

Since the trout limit change occurred in 2006, there has been more time for data to emerge, though I think the data is not really definitive. The data is rather compelling that the problem is real and raising the limit would probably improve both the overall health of the ecosystem and be likely to increase the number of larger trout by improving growth rates and body condition. However, the available data shows that there is not likely a looming disaster, only an opportunity for improvement.

The oyster issue is probably more important in the long run, and I hope folks keep their eyes open for data and bring hard facts into the discussion.

Thank You!!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
W, I love how you use the word "we" so much. If you weren't looking for support (attention)....why did you post a "pole" to find out who was in agreement with you? Jeff Poe knows alot more about the goings-on in Big Lake than you, yet, he does not have facts that 100% prove that the limit reduction was a bad thing. Nobody cares what you think because you are too wishy-washy. You do the very same thing in the Sports Bar time after time. Chicken proved that and you had no defense to state otherwise.

BTW, Will Drost must have had the evidence to get the limit reduced because he sure got it done.
No no no no salty you have it all wrong according to w drost had money. If you have not realized yet that is why w started this thread to build up his salty cash so he can have the 25 trout limit put back into law
Old 06-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED 1983 View Post
No no no no salty you have it all wrong according to w drost had money. If you have not realized yet that is why w started this thread to build up his salty cash so he can have the 25 trout limit put back into law
Will Drost has more influence on Big Lake than 10 W's.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464
Headknocker

Quote:
I agree but I also love that we showed the fishing community what a idiotic selfish greed by small few it really was

I have proven my point and I think you could call this thread a Win on limit the reduced limits
I can start a thread that Obama needs to be kicked out of office and probably get 100% to agree but that don't mean he is gonna be kicked out just like even if everyone on here agrees that the limit needs changed.... you ain't won nothin because the limit is still the same.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED 1983 View Post
w thinks data is the little kid from the goonies
Fwifty dawa bill, fwifty dawa bill!

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (18.0 KB, 130 views)
Old 06-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
I can start a thread that Obama needs to be kicked out of office and probably get 100% to agree but that don't mean he is gonna be kicked out just like even if everyone on here agrees that the limit needs changed.... you ain't won nothin because the limit is still the same.
As a matter of "fact"...he's managed to make himself an even bigger loser.....if that's possible.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,226

Quote:

Given what we have seen out of you W and your flip/flop on various issues you probably are not in a position to call anyone a democrat Mr. Obama sir.

Maybe he just knows how to go about getting things done and does not flip flop or call 99% of his supporters idiots like you did earlier. He might just be not only wealthier than you but smarter as well. Just a guess on my part, I could be wrong. We know he is taller.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

What I find funniest about W complaining big lake is no longer a trophy lake....

When does W only go out after Big Female Trout?! I have never seen him post up pics or a report about targeting and catching one or two big girls, only how he has a deck full of 13" trout.

I think someone wants to have 50 fish instead of 30 fish so their internet penis will be bigger.

my .02
Old 06-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
What I find funniest about W complaining big lake is no longer a trophy lake....

When does W only go out after Big Female Trout?! I have never seen him post up pics or a report about targeting and catching one or two big girls, only how he has a deck full of 13" trout.

I think someone wants to have 50 fish instead of 30 fish so their internet penis will be bigger.

my .02
Now that is funny right there, I don't care who you are!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Great White

Quote:

my .02
Yeah, and catch 'em before 8:00 am.

Unless W is soakin' bait in the channel in August, all the bigger fish he catches comes off them reefs with the 12-18'ers.

Keep in mind tho...he has stated that big trout are easy to catch and he can catch 'em anytime he wants.

One would think he could have managed one in any of those tourneys he's fished.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:

my .02
That has to be one the funniest things I've heard all day. Lmbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Well said. I would also support tong only oyster fishing.
Me too!