SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,445

Dont live in LKC..Too busy running my own business!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:23 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,853

Lol.... Everyone wants to tell someone how they should run their business....
Old 08-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

Another bunch of retail experts!! What a treasure trove this place is!!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

not saying it as a "retail" expert.

but i live about 2 hrs away from the fishing. There ain't much up here in the way "salt" appropriate tackle (good luck finding a vudu shrimp above LC)

It would be real nice to have the option to stop in on the trip towards the water, It's unlikely that this store will be able to beat the big boxes on price, so there service to anglers has to make them worth paying a premium.

just my 2 cents.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
not saying it as a "retail" expert.

but i live about 2 hrs away from the fishing. There ain't much up here in the way "salt" appropriate tackle (good luck finding a vudu shrimp above LC)

It would be real nice to have the option to stop in on the trip towards the water, It's unlikely that this store will be able to beat the big boxes on price, so there service to anglers has to make them worth paying a premium.

just my 2 cents.
Well said! I do know some of the employees at the new store and atleast they will know exactly what im asking for. Unlike the "new" LCT

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
Lol.... Everyone wants to tell someone how they should run their business....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightwindow View Post
Another bunch of retail experts!! What a treasure trove this place is!!
I've had plenty of that over the last 4 years too! People who work for someone else telling me how I should be doing it!

I still do believe that being innovative changes how business works. That said, I won't dare tell someone whose business I know nothing about, how to run it. I may offer what has worked for me though, if they ask my opinion.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,855

Well if fisherman have to voice the opinion directly to tackle shop owners of any personal opinons of the community they are established in; maybe they need to be members of the local outdoor hunting and fishn forum's and take in consideration to do a special early opening on a Saturday and see how it goes. In closing Cajun fast Mart cater's to the hunter's of all game and all fishing and has sum great deli item's. Home cooked Every day.Don't mean to emply any distaste to any tackle stores directly but some have more consideration for those who don' t have everyday opportunity to keep up with there equipment needed. Amen!!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,513

I just don't understand why everyone will voice an opinion here but no one will simply stop by and speak to the owners themselves. It must not be as important as it's made out to be.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

It is important but wont technically effect us either way so thats why noone will actually tell them anything.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
I just don't understand why everyone will voice an opinion here but no one will simply stop by and speak to the owners themselves. It must not be as important as it's made out to be.
Not many on here care if this business survives or not. But if their hours and products match the product fishermen want, then they will be fine. I think this is a great way for a business to get a lot of feedback quickly. Some of these comments may help out.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Flounder

Cash: 616

Quote:
I thought this site was about everyone expressing their opinions and getting feedback from others??
Old 08-30-2013, 08:23 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I sent a Pam a message on facebook

He is the deal how it falls

You have your 8-5 guys who work 5 days a week

They cant go before work and most cant go after work so they just to Academy because they stay open late

I know I will support this new store if they open before 9... when I leave jennings and head to big lake it is about 630ish so in Lake Charles for 7ish

I have to always make another trip later to a store to buy baits hooks etc when i could of.had it already and supported a local dealer
Old 08-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Wave 2200 View Post
I thought this site was about everyone expressing their opinions and getting feedback from others??
Ok, I'll give you that. :o

But if the owners never read this thread then where does it get you? Nowhere, because the owners don't know this is the feeling of their perspective customers. If the customers would go by and speak with them about the hours maybe something would change. Until they hear it from their customers, it will never happen.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,572

instead of "bankers hours" we can call it "Waltrip Hours"

garunteed $1 hundo!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 08-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Ok, I'll give you that. :o

But if the owners never read this thread then where does it get you? Nowhere, because the owners don't know this is the feeling of their perspective customers. If the customers would go by and speak with them about the hours maybe something would change. Until they hear it from their customers, it will never happen.
You seem like you all up in the Kool Aid with the new shop, how about tell them

SaltyCajun Thread or Bust!!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,855

Supply and demand! Success or failure. Suit yourself. Nuf said!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
You seem like you all up in the Kool Aid with the new shop, how about tell them

SaltyCajun Thread or Bust!!
That's what I'm trying to get you to do. You'll communicate anyway but in person. This thread and FaceBook the best you got? You afraid to tell them in person?

Kool Aid if that's what you want to call it is fine with me. At least I talk to people in person instead of just posting on the internet.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Redfish

Cash: -239

Quote:
I have to always make another trip later to a store to buy baits hooks etc when i could of.had it already and supported a local dealer
hey bright short one! Here's an idea besides you just crawling a rock an doing everyone a favor. Why don't you keep an ongoing inventory of your personal stock an stop when it's convenient rather than when it's a must have. An emergency on you stupid part doesn't call for one on somebody elses. W it's not your fault you are proof that people do make mistakes in life. :screwy:
Old 08-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickfish View Post
hey bright short one! Here's an idea besides you just crawling a rock an doing everyone a favor. Why don't you keep an ongoing inventory of your personal stock an stop when it's convenient rather than when it's a must have. An emergency on you stupid part doesn't call for one on somebody elses. W it's not your fault you are proof that people do make mistakes in life. :screwy:
Your mom was just telling me about how she has to change your sheets because you piss yourself at night ?? Is that true

And you want to come on here with another mans fish on your avatar and act like your a fisherman when your mom tells us how she has to turn your wi fi off at night because you play on the computer too late
Old 08-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Redfish

Cash: -239

Quote:
Your mom was just telling me about how she has to change your sheets because you piss yourself at night ?? Is that true

And you want to come on here with another mans fish on your avatar and act like your a fisherman when your mom tells us how she has to turn your wi fi off at night because you play on the computer too late
Mommy jokes? Pretty original. By the way yours is on the way back home.