SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-26-2011, 09:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
How about you come next Saturday and I will place a sign around you like the Cash for Gold guys who stand on the road sides...but this will have Big Lake Rules
how about i pay you to put a wrap on your boat with these rules?
Old 06-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
How about you come next Saturday and I will place a sign around you like the Cash for Gold guys who stand on the road sides...but this will have Big Lake Rules
Put him in a pirogue and anchor him on basket, that way all of the wier bound morons can rock him all day!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:26 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,995

looks like thats where W was basket. been there done that got mad and went somewhere else..
Old 06-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta37 View Post
looks like thats where W was basket. been there done that got mad and went somewhere else..
I would never try to fish Basket reef on a Saturday......to save my life....My heart can not take that kind of abuse
Old 06-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Hi Guys!!!

I been fishing for about 48 yrs. Let me say INEVER seen boats fly pass me when I'm on anchor fishing or using my trolling motor.

I understand that the channel isa the channel used for navigation, but whe nyou see boast after boat fishing, either slow down, or pass way away from the boats fishing.

Not with 20 yrs. I DAD would have kicked by but if I drove our boat, and didn't slow dow nfor some one fish, I mean SLOWWWWW!.

Just beacuse you have a big expensive haynie, triton, nauctic star etc. Is no excuse for bad sportsmanship.

Oh PS. I'll be back on MADDOG G. C. 782 in 7 more days. The Damn wind probably won't let up until I go back to work. I ca nnever remember fishing for trout in all most July and can't fish out of SW pass tigre shoals becuase of bad water.

Thanks

Biggun

Thanks

Gunner
Old 06-26-2011, 09:31 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,995

Biggun if your fishing in the ship channel nobody is gonna slow down not even the big LNG boats. So expect to get rocked..
Old 06-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Roger that...........Ship Channel boats will not slow down...........Most go in the channel for faster access...I never slow down in channel...I try not to pass close to someone fishing but I have the right away....
Old 06-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

also to add.........You will never see me get with in a half mile of a boat fishing in the lake on my big motor...........Unless Turners bay is housing 300 boats then I take the best route with least reef area
Old 06-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

You should've have known better than to fish there.......a big Lake pro would've known That.......now who's the Pilgrim? ?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,308

did he run through a bait slick in that first video?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,366

I still wanna know why u were grunting and moning like u were taken a dump in the video
Old 06-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
I still wanna know why u were grunting and moning like u were taken a dump in the video
x2
Old 06-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Redfish

Cash: 977

I think the whole point is not that you have to slow down or stay far away from some one fishing anchored, drifting, or trolling. That being said would it really hurt you to idle past if you must pass, take a small detour away from the bank if you are running the bank, or not run up on someone throwing on birds and drift between them and the birds. No one person can catch all the fish in a spot but one dbag can F up good fishing by being inconsiderate.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,644

I'm thinking about hooking up some firehoses on my T-Top next week to get poachers off my reefs! I need room to cast my poppin' corks!

Old 06-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Brother in law and me decided to fish the rocks in front of Grand Isle Sunday around noon. Headed out, we were the only ones there. Pulled up to the first set of rocks to the West.
Started casting and an aluminum boat with a mud motor came from the East, about 10 yards off the rocks. He burnt every set of rocks and passed between us and the rocks. He had his kid with him, so we didn't shoot the finger. But he is teaching his kid this kinda stuff.
Monday evening me and the wife were at the rocks behind Grand Isle. First set to the East. 16 ft. aluminum boat comes in on us, with the main motor and asks if we are catching anything. We said no. He said, "O.K., ya'll can have this set of rocks, we are moving to the next one.". I said " Thanks".

Over there, it is common practice to come on to a reef with the main motor and throw an anchor. Most boats have no trolling motor. But they will run over 3/4 of the reef with the big motor, then stop and throw anchor. Then wonder why there are no fish biting. This will happen over and over again.

We found out that the best thing to do is run at least an hour from the island to catch fish and let the crazies have the fish around the island.

If they see you pull in a fish, they will practically tie up to your boat and start fishing.

If you are surf fishing and a boat sees your rod bent over, they will pull up anchor and come over to where you are and drop anchor right over the spot you hooked up on.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:00 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,457

"If you are surf fishing and a boat sees your rod bent over, they will pull up anchor and come over to where you are and drop anchor right over the spot you hooked up on."

X2 on that....we had three boats do this to us wadeing the channel last Sat....they still didnt catch any fish....but it sure did slow the bite for us.....after a few not nice words and a couple "pilgrams" shouted their way they left but it still ruined the rest of our day

TB
Old 06-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,225

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyD View Post
I think the whole point is not that you have to slow down or stay far away from some one fishing anchored, drifting, or trolling. That being said would it really hurt you to idle past if you must pass, take a small detour away from the bank if you are running the bank, or not run up on someone throwing on birds and drift between them and the birds. No one person can catch all the fish in a spot but one dbag can F up good fishing by being inconsiderate.

I agree. I was on a reef that is literally in the middle of the lake yesterday, all by myself with no one else in sight with at least 2 miles of water on every side of me. I was catching fish every cast for about an hour before not one, but THREE boats came cruising by me within casting distance, all in line following each other! An awesome trout bite was officially over with their passing. Please explain to me why it is necessary to pass so close when there is open water on every side of my boat to go around me? Some people have no common sense, much less any fishing savvy. I would rather them shut down, troll in properly, and join in on a great bite with us than pretend like they are Maverick and Goose and buzz the tower and kill an amazing bite!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Trophy Trout

P.S. It appeared as though they had just left the weirs. All three of them. Weird.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

I have a video from yesterday but don't think I should post it on utube because I lost it bad...

Guy burns the bank between me and the bank..I'm 400 yards off..... I started waving for him to go on the lake side(open water)....I'm in kill mode... After he burns between me...he starts fishing right where he just ripped over!!!! Then I'm still so pissed I'm cussing him...he cranks up and thinks I'm wanting him to come fish by me.... Once he could hear what I was saying he trolled wide open back where he was
Old 06-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Trophy Trout

You may have me beat there, only thing that could have made it worse was two more boats! Lol. I was cussing under my breath, didn't quite go into kill mode because we had already whacked em pretty good and everyone had a good time. Now had we just got on em, now that's a different story. I would have become the caboose to their fishing train real quick!