SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Default O yea...Lets Kill some Bite

This is why I hate the Lake on a good topwater bite

Com on............Pilgrim #1 and Pilgrim #2 10mins apart

Video looks farther than is...But if you use your phone video you will know how close these boats are..........and burned the who bank

Old 06-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 663

Pilgrims huh? In 14' flatbottoms? I couldn't make out all the #'s on the sides,but pretty sure they started with LA.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargod View Post
Pilgrims huh? In 14' flatbottoms? I couldn't make out all the #'s on the sides,but pretty sure they started with LA.

They are both LA boats........You dont have to be from Texas to be a Pilgrim......... You just dont have to burn a bank with a south west wind which is going to be the same wave action on the bank or a mile off the bank.....
Old 06-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

Did you catch any more fish after they passed?
Old 06-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

W you would lose ya friggin mind at grand isle. You can see what lures they are throwing when they go by.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 663

Sweet! I won't feel so bad when a "crabber" blows by me at 20 yards, staring, while I'm tryin to lasso him with some 30# PP!

Just assumed all Pilgrims were of Non-Louisiana descent...Thanks for clarifying!
Old 06-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,855

Weir bound. Shrimp and crab on the run.I watched 2 real pilgrims the other day nail the iron wall so hard it shook my boat.30minutes apart the second one was looking for some one to blame.His wife ? was dogging dat azz out good.Once wasn't good enough for the second victum he gets through and turn's around and starts back through and damn if he don't tag the other side.By this time I couldn't hold it back;The driver was to busy ducking blow's cause by the ***** warrior came out in that woman and she was seriously T'n off on dat azz.Diffently sum funny __?__ der no doubt. Was gonna save dat for party before 13th but I'm sure I'll witness something more better before then.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

That is nothing! Come to hopedale, grand isle, Venice, or fourchon they get close enough to read my lips when I call em mother ****ers. Yesterday I had a dude run wide open n shut it down 40 yards ahead of my drift n throw an anchor then had the nerve to look at me n say "I didn't know u owned the water!" btw is that u grunting n groaning in the video sounds like yer sitting on the terlet
Old 06-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Just had a jet ski, run 10 feet from me while talking to a pontoon..The jetski cut between us doing wide open.. I know where he lives at. DBAG.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 946
Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
That is nothing! Come to hopedale, grand isle, Venice, or fourchon they get close enough to read my lips when I call em mother ****ers. Yesterday I had a dude run wide open n shut it down 40 yards ahead of my drift n throw an anchor then had the nerve to look at me n say "I didn't know u owned the water!" btw is that u grunting n groaning in the video sounds like yer sitting on the terlet
Took a guy from the east side yesterday that was fishing the Oil Man Tourny, i didn't know this guy and took him as a favor, well we were making a drift and I hooked a good trout, i told the guy drop the anchor, i turn my attention back to the trout and I hear SPLASH!, This guy had just chunked it! And he told me he was a experienced fisherman, I was like DUDE, what the hell you doing? They just don't know, I explained things to him and asked him to spread the good word....
Old 06-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglaketiger View Post
Took a guy from the east side yesterday that was fishing the Oil Man Tourny, i didn't know this guy and took him as a favor, well we were making a drift and I hooked a good trout, i told the guy drop the anchor, i turn my attention back to the trout and I hear SPLASH!, This guy had just chunked it! And he told me he was a experienced fisherman, I was like DUDE, what the hell you doing? They just don't know, I explained things to him and asked him to spread the good word....
:*****: Them east guys fish in20ft of water and think throwing the anchor is a manly sport
Old 06-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
:*****: Them east guys fish in20ft of water and think throwing the anchor is a manly sport
NOT ALL EAST GUYS! Easy now
Old 06-26-2011, 04:42 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post

Its called the olympic anchor toss! Bunch of folks in the lake are good at it!
Old 06-26-2011, 05:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

instead of crying on here why dont you do something about it. make some big signs and hold them up or something but putting it on here does nothing but take up space.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:21 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder_smacker View Post
instead of crying on here why dont you do something about it. make some big signs and hold them up or something but putting it on here does nothing but take up space.

Isn't putting it on here just like holding up a big sign? Isn't it possible that a lot of lurkers look at this site? Isn't it entirely possible that at least a couple of drift cutter offer, olympic anchor tosssin, bite killin folks have learned what not to do by seeing some of these posts?
Old 06-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Isn't putting it on here just like holding up a big sign? Isn't it possible that a lot of lurkers look at this site? Isn't it entirely possible that at least a couple of drift cutter offer, olympic anchor tosssin, bite killin folks have learned what not to do by seeing some of these posts?
That will preach
Old 06-26-2011, 06:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

doesn't look like it since everyone says "things are getting worse" there are at least 5 threads before this saying how bad the lake is gettting. im sure the PILGRIMS that are committing these crimes against humanity dont know any better to know any better that this site even exist. google big lake la fishing reports. we not even top 5.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

I was drifting a cove just n of hog island gully. I was all by myself for thirty minutes. Thus guy comes rolling up next to me with big motor on and then crosses my drift about 8p yards ahead of me. I was only about 60 yards off the bank. He then realizes he is in some shallow water and then cuts back across me throwing up mud and a rooster tail. I would have been completly pissed if I was on fish. Haha.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder_smacker View Post
doesn't look like it since everyone says "things are getting worse" there are at least 5 threads before this saying how bad the lake is gettting. im sure the PILGRIMS that are committing these crimes against humanity dont know any better to know any better that this site even exist. google big lake la fishing reports. we not even top 5.
How about you come next Saturday and I will place a sign around you like the Cash for Gold guys who stand on the road sides...but this will have Big Lake Rules
Old 06-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

The guys who know better but just don't care about respecting others is what fires me up the most.