SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:51 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Advocating is not a violation. That, as much as some may not like it, is freedom of speech. The action would be as violation of civil rights. I would expect you to understand the difference. Everyone else here seems to.

No, I am not ignorant of it. One coach is not the NFL. Did anyone with the Falcons say anything about it? No. There is a monumental difference between the NFL threatening to pull millions of dollars and some stupid coach spouting his opinion as if it means something. As bad as it is, money is going to influence political decisions. Does anyone think that if this moron coach said "I'm leaving new orleans if guns aren't banned" that some politician is going to run out and make it happen? He's a football coach for a team that hasn't done **** aside for one season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
The NFL as a whole is anti gun also.

See: http://www.gunsandammo.com/politics/...un-commercial/

And yes, the Falcons through their weight around to influence the recent civil rights legislation that was vetoed in GA:

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement...s_freedom_bill

Keep proving your ignorance with your ill informed nonsense.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:58 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post

And yes, the Falcons through their weight around to influence the recent civil rights legislation that was vetoed in GA:

Have you completely boycotted the NFL then?

Probably so
Old 04-12-2016, 02:24 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:

Calls me ignorant while using the wrong word, in a thread where he can't even spell the coach's name right.

And I'm ignorant?

Did he, in fact, throw his weight around? Sounds like he was just vocal about it. He didn't say anything to the effect of "I'm taking the Falcons out of Atlanta if this bill passes". And the Governor, the REPUBLICAN governor, was against it from the start. Even says so in your little article.

The fact is, this tragedy hit close to home for Sean. If it hadn't happened to a former player, he would have never said a word, even with it happening all the time in New Orleans. He even makes reference to other shootings and how you "don't hear that noise" when it happens in the Lower 9, or New Orleans East.

Before Sunday, none of that mattered to Sean Payton. But because it happened to a friend, he is speaking out.

You sure are showing your true colors recently. God forbid anyone have a different opinion than you.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

What happened to that young man is tragic but proves one point. Always have a gun. Never bring words to a gunfight. Had he been armed himself he may still be alive. We'll never know now.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
What happened to that young man is tragic but proves one point. Always have a gun. Never bring words to a gunfight. Had he been armed himself he may still be alive. We'll never know now.
Thing is, there seems to be a lot of speculation as to whether Smith had a gun or not.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

It's a sad state of affairs that people in our country can no longer disagree without being disagreeable. Unfortunately the new norm is to assault an individuals character as a person because of a disagreement with an opinion they hold.

People of all political stripes are quick to paint someone as bad, evil or a dullard because they hold a differing opinion on a political or social issue. Sean Peyton's job is to be a football coach. In that regard he's done a pretty darn good job. His opinion is his own and he's entitled to it (in spite of the fact that I disagree with it strongly). The First Amendment applies as much as the second.

Are we to limit our friends and associations to people who are in lockstep with our own opinions or world view? That would really be boring. I'm very conservative, one of my best friends and fishing buddies is very liberal. We fish together, have fun, crack jokes and on occasion even argue about politics, however I would quickly defend his character against anyone who tried to besmirch it because they don't agree with his politics. He's a good man, better than most. Honest, generous, hard working, successful, great family man and loyal friend. He just happens to have opinions shaped by a different set of life experiences and a different world view.

People need to quit demonizing individuals because they disagree with an opinion. I miss civility.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

This was written by a former team; Roman Harper. This is WHAT'S ABOUT. I think there is a Bibical saying" About Casting the First Stone...

This man had 3 very young children. He was Shoot in the Back...

I have mourned for a few days now. I did not want to speak in haste and I wanted my words to be tactful. I will lead off by saying if God can forgive all sins then so can I. Will Smith, my brother and teammate, you will be missed dearly and I still can't wrap my imagination that you are no longer with us on this earth. This tragedy could have happened to anybody, and that's what scares and eats at me the most. Will Smith you deserved better my brother. As a members of the greatest times in New Orleans Saints history I look back at the mindset we all had during those years. We could do no wrong, and the fans loved us so much they would never let anything happen to us saints players. We were treated as royalty. Family to the people and the city. Violence and crime made an exception to us. I'm deeply saddened to see that "our" city has broken that feeling of trust from me. Heartbroken for the Smith family and their loss. Will's children, his beautiful wife Rockie, and his parents are the true victims here. Losing a husband, father, and son is something no one is ever truly prepared for. Will Smith I hate that I will never argue with you anymore. I will not hear you talk about how much "will is always right." Or that I won't be able to call u "big willy style" on our nights out on the town. And I hate that in 3 years we will have our Super Bowl reunion and you will not be there to hug me our teammates in joy of what we all accomplished that year. I do know that Will Smith we will "walk together forever," and you are already truly missed by many. As our captain on the field you helped bring our team, organization, and city together in our championship year in 2009, and in your death you will bring us all back again "CLOSER THAN EVER" in 2016. We Love You and Rest in Peace Will-------Roman Harper 4/12/16
Old 04-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Redfish

Cash: 419

My civil rights have been violated by the use of "their", "there", "they're" on this website. For who's firing should I call?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2016, 05:32 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Sorry.. I didn't use spell check. I'm the offender.. Sorry I violated your sensibilities. Ah. your Civil Rights.

I use "THERE" instead of "THEIR". Didn't use They're in any way.... I guess I should be band censored for 3 mths. ))))))))))

Now that I thing about it !!!!!!!!!

But what about my right to use misspelled words??? I think My Civil Rights are being violated by you calling me out about 2 small grammatical errors... ))))))))))

Oh wait let me go get my gun......My life is in danger. ))))))))))
Old 04-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

I'll just leave this here

Loaded handgun found inside Will Smith's car, NOPD says

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ncart_breaking
Old 04-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Thing is, there seems to be a lot of speculation as to whether Smith had a gun or not.

Could be. Haven't followed the story much. If he did maybe it was in his vehicle? If that's the case it's worthless if you're outside. Not saying you're wrong just speculating. The outcome may have been the same had he had a gun in hand. To think being armed is the end all be all is a fools dilusion. Guns are much like seat belts. It's not a garuntee but it works better if you have it on you.
Regardless it is a reminder that you never know when your time is coming. It's a tradgic situation.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

This is, to say the least, a high profile senseless killing which the anti gun advocates are going to use to their advantage. There's already talk about a second line march & rallys. God forbid handgun laws similar to NYC, where your concealed carry permit is no longer valid, and just about the only way to get one is through the police commissioner, only issued to LE & those well connected. You end up with no effective means of defending yourself.

Last edited by Baychamp1; 04-12-2016 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

For me...........the rub is where he lies like Obama.......
there is no place I buy from that will ship a gun "straight" to my house......that is misleading and feeding the stupidity.......
Old 04-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
there is no place I buy from that will ship a gun "straight" to my house......that is misleading and feeding the stupidity.......
You're right emotions are high right now & he's said some stupid uninformed shat, but when all of this plays out, our concealed carry permits have to be unaffected, that needs to be the major pushback rather than a boycott of the Saints
Old 04-12-2016, 07:39 PM
Redfish

Cash: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Sorry.. I didn't use spell check. I'm the offender.. Sorry I violated your sensibilities. Ah. your Civil Rights.

I use "THERE" instead of "THEIR". Didn't use They're in any way.... I guess I should be band censored for 3 mths. ))))))))))

Now that I thing about it !!!!!!!!!

But what about my right to use misspelled words??? I think My Civil Rights are being violated by you calling me out about 2 small grammatical errors... ))))))))))

Oh wait let me go get my gun......My life is in danger. ))))))))))

I'm just exercising my constitutional right to a little good-natured ribbing, sir!

In all seriousness, I think the man was distraught over the loss of someone and decided to open his mouth and voice some opinions that could be considered stupid, depending on what side of the issue you hang your hat.

Unfortunately, these days we read and hear just about every opinion that folks have, even ones they might've been less likely to divulge in a different time.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:39 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
I'm glad you caught that.

Lies just like Obama.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:45 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychamp1 View Post
You're right emotions are high right now & he's said some stupid uninformed shat, but when all of this plays out, our concealed carry permits have to be unaffected, that needs to be the major pushback rather than a boycott of the Saints
New Orleans has illegally seized citizens guns before (in spite of carry permits), and with enough wealthy, popular liberals in the city proclaiming their support for such tyranny, they may be emboldened to do it again.

In the aftermath of Katrina, a carry permit was vain hope against illegal gun seizures in the Peoples' Republik of New Orleans.

But they might give you your rusty gun back a few years later ...
Old 04-12-2016, 08:01 PM
Redfish

Quote:
New Orleans has illegally seized citizens guns before (in spite of carry permits), and with enough wealthy, popular liberals in the city proclaiming their support for such tyranny, they may be emboldened to do it again.

In the aftermath of Katrina, a carry permit was vain hope against illegal gun seizures in the Peoples' Republik of New Orleans.

But they might give you your rusty gun back a few years later ...
Ok but in reality, the TV contracts are a done deal, Saints season ticket holders have already paid installments on their tickets, the cheap seats are gonna fill up according to their record, so you boycott the broadcast & hope you get a Nielson Survey? You're not accomplishing anything.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Redfish

I can promise you one thing, this is gonna be a gut wrenching funeral if it's broadcast, that's going to spark a lot of emotion in a lot of people. At that point from a legal standpoint as it relates to the 2nd Amendment, it's damage control mode. Past any boycott mode, need to start thinking about preserving our rights!

Last edited by Baychamp1; 04-12-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychamp1 View Post
I can promise you one thing, this is gonna be a gut wrenching funeral if it's broadcast, that's going to spark a lot of emotion in a lot of people. At that point from a legal standpoint as it relates to the 2nd Amendment, it's damage control mode.
I get what you're saying so don't take this wrong. Why would anyone broadcast that? Why would it be gut wrenching? I understand your point and why it could cause issues for gun owners. Yes it's a tradgic thing but those happen by the minute. If not for the gun issue hardly anyone would know about it. I just don't understand how society thinks. Why get emotionaly sparked over someone you don't know and never would know. It's crap but it happens everyday. I think you are right that it may hqve that effect. Just saying it's pointless because those people didn't care until it benefitted their cause.