SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs)

The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) Discuss everything related to tackle here, including making your own

Old 11-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,782

Love my 200e7. Best reel I own
Old 11-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
They have 4 or 5 different models ranging from 80-280 bucks. IMO the tournament speed spool is the way to go. Cost 180 bucks and weighs 6.7 oz,11 shielded SS bearings and dual braking system. They are a tad bit smaller than a curado E7.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lews_...page-TPSS.html
that mutha humppa for 249.99 looks like it would give my core 50mg's a run for their money and price! very interested in testing one out. thanks Monty!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Just get

the core 50mg....
x2 got one and its straight up NASTY...got the curado 50, chronarch 50, and the core 50....all the bomb but the core 50 on a cummara..whatever is the shiznit....
Old 11-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Redfish

Cash: 851

My curado e7 handle flew off one day while wading, went swimming for it, found out that the nut under the cap is made out of aluminum & was broken in 3 pieces, there is a brass upgrade nut for it & it has been on back order for the last 3 months.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:15 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,654

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchspinner View Post
x2 got one and its straight up NASTY...got the curado 50, chronarch 50, and the core 50....all the bomb but the core 50 on a cummara..whatever is the shiznit....
You ought to feel it on a Cumulus......
Old 11-22-2011, 07:38 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyShaw View Post
You ought to feel it on a Cumulus......
Thats rite !
Old 11-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Redfish

Cash: 758

Figures. They down graded all the components to be compatible with todays economy. You wont see me buying any of this years shimano reels.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,654

The cores and chronarchs are still made in Japan and they are still great quality. I have had a chrony since they first came out and fish with it most of the time and I love it!
Just like anything else sometime you will get one bad apple but don't let it ruin the rest.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022

I would run from Lews. Gearing is tit for tat to the basspro Pflueger like reels like Johnny Morris, browning, etc. I owned the Speed Speed, couple of Tournament speel spools, and next level up. The gearing is the exact same which you can get in Pflueger or Basspro reels for alot less money. The magnetic and centrifugal gearing the exact same also as Pflueger, Johnny Morris, or even upper Academy brand reels. Why pay $139 or $179 for the same style you can get for $99 except you do not have the tear drop handle.

When 1st came out in 2009 I buying the $179 model for $99 all day long online. Biggest problem is in a year or two the plant changes production its about time the pawl and clutch break. Good luck finding parts at that point you can basically chunk it in the garbage.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsch1 View Post
I would run from Lews. Gearing is tit for tat to the basspro Pflueger like reels like Johnny Morris, browning, etc. I owned the Speed Speed, couple of Tournament speel spools, and next level up. The gearing is the exact same which you can get in Pflueger or Basspro reels for alot less money. The magnetic and centrifugal gearing the exact same also as Pflueger, Johnny Morris, or even upper Academy brand reels. Why pay $139 or $179 for the same style you can get for $99 except you do not have the tear drop handle.

When 1st came out in 2009 I buying the $179 model for $99 all day long online. Biggest problem is in a year or two the plant changes production its about time the pawl and clutch break. Good luck finding parts at that point you can basically chunk it in the garbage.
Wow...that's a glowing recommendation.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

Dang I was hearing good things about the tourney speed spool, and I just ordered one. I guess I'll see
Old 12-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAssasin View Post
Dang I was hearing good things about the tourney speed spool, and I just ordered one. I guess I'll see
I like mine alot,but only used it a few times so far.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:42 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

It's on back order for another couple days, ill use the hell out of it once it gets here ill let y'all know how Iike it
Old 12-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022

Not Saying it's break today but I broke them down to point i can fix them blindfolded. The Johnny Morris new back in 2004 was in $179 to $200. Same reel as that and I believe the pflueger summit I believe which was 1st mfg to push dual drag and it was $179 new. Now how many pfluegers summits you see inshore fishermen use? How many of the silver Johnny Morris reels do you still see?
I still got shimanos and daiwas that use that are still ticking.
I am actually trying to repair 2005 pflueger president same situation clutch and pawl are bad. Parts still on back order from 2009. Still good reel but if you cannot engage it just junk.

Same think I called guy at lews for parts and good luck. They rather just give you another reel which is fine today. After a year or change models they will probably either charge you 1/2 original price newer model or say buy a new one like pflueger did to my friend due to they dont want to stock parts. Sad part it's $2.50 part that holding up reel from working.

I'm wouldn't pay over $100 for disposable reel.

In salt water pinion and main gear ok. The pawl gear is thinner than even h20 reel. They typically tear when get caught up on something and put too much pressure on it.
I busted 3 of them on avg size redfish funny never broke a shimano, diawa, or h20 on small redfish.

Basically a freshwater reel for weekend warrier but charging you the upper tier reel price.

What takes cake is owner use to work for basspro purchasing reels for store.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Redfish

Cash: 972

the guys at LCT gave me a new chronarch and this one has held up great so far