SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Redfish

Cash: 479
Default Agree

I agree with everyone else said. Think about doing the zoo cruise which leaves from the Aquarium in a paddle boat, goes to the zoo, and you cruise back, obiously on Miss. River, and drinks and light snacks are included on cruise.

I always seem to have more fun when there is no plans, just spur of the moment kinda things.

Have fun, congrats and be safe!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

****ie Brennan's steak house
Galatories ( if u go on Sunday you'll need a sport coat )
Take her to sunday brunch at Brennan's on royal ( make reservations now)
Carriage ride from Jackson square , pay the buggy driver extra so u n your new wife can be alone on carriage
Old 06-07-2013, 01:59 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

No one as mentioned the cemetery tours? My wife and I enjoy walking around them and the tour guides make the whole experience better. Food is covered pretty well. If you are on Burbon and get hungry we also like the Bayou Resturant. Take taxis, I find its worth the extra expense. We usually park at our hotel and just take a taxi that way you don't have to fight traffic and try to find parking. Just hop in and out.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:10 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Dungeon
He's not trying to get shanked

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
Take taxis, I find its worth the extra expense. We usually park at our hotel and just take a taxi that way you don't have to fight traffic and try to find parking. Just hop in and out.
If he's Downtown he should be able to park and not have to move his car till he's ready to go home. You can pretty much walk anywhere's. Minus the Zoo, but if he's taking the Zoo cruise walking is not a issue he just needs to walk down to the river.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

When we stay in the Qtr we walk. But the Qtr in the summer during the day! Shoooo better wear comfortable shoes and cool clothes. We have a timeshare with Wyndham. They have two locations in NO one in the Qtrs and the other uptown. I personally rather stay uptown and go to the Qtr at night via taxi its cooler quieter and nicer. During the day we do other things. I used to live there and went to school in NO, I still love the city and go often so maybe I'm jaded.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 748

Dragos. Bourbon House has good food as well.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 690

WWII museum is awesome and has a world class restaurant on site. You should plan to eat lunch while you're there. Try muffuletta sandwiches from both Napoleon House (love the classical music and ambiance) and Central Grocery on Decatur Street (not far from Cafe Du Monde). A great Jazz place is Snug Harbor (on Frenchman Street) and the Maple Leaf Bar has great Jazz as well. Port of Call is a great local pizza/burger joint. Go to the end of Bourbon @ Esplanade and turn left. It's a couple of blocks up. In the past, we've really enjoyed taking a riverboat from the quarter to Audubon Park Zoo then returned on the streetcar line. You can also take the streetcar to the WWII museum if they're all in service. I don't really care for Bourbon Street, but I really enjoy watching Karaoke at Cat's Meow. It's been a while but I think they're still there. Congratulations to you and your bride and be careful while out in NOLA.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,241

go to the Beach and ride the Orca! lol... really though, ****ie Brennan's Bourbon House is one of my favorite places... have an oyster bar, good redfish, and good steaks. Cafe Pontalba has very good breakfast... and Cafe Maspero's is a good hang out spot with good burgers and redfish... some of my fav's
Old 06-11-2013, 10:31 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Don't know if you have lodging yet, but creole gardens b&b on prytania has cool rooms and great breakfast without breaking the bank. Each room has a theme so you feel like you are staying at a friends house, not a hotel. Also...Zara's poboys (my fave). And for strolling...go uptown. Check out magazine st. always music at tipitina's and the bon temps. Much less touristy uptown.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:28 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Well thanks for all the advice fellas. Sounds like we've got plenty of options. Oughta be a fun couple of days. First gotta get through the big day tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Take in the aquarium then take the riverboat to the zoo. you can get a pass that covers it all at the aquarium.