SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:48 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948
Default Where to go in New Orleans

So alittle more than a week from now, I will be in New Orleans on my honeymoon with my new wife. Other than the obvious night entertainment, you guys have any particular places ya'll like to go in New Orleans?

We are already planning on heading to Cafe Du Monde (my favorite, I love beignets), Hard Rock Cafe (the better half wants to go and add to her collection of Hard Rock Bears), The Aquarium (another favorite of mine), IMAX, Riverwalk, French Quarter, and Audubon Park. Some of the other places I've looked at are the Napoleon House, Barataria Preserve (what can I say, I'm an outdoorsman), and The Creole Queen Dinner Jazz Cruise (I love Jazz Music). Also thought it would be cool to go eat at one of Emeril's Places, even though the prices are nuts.

Any thoughts, opinions, ideas would be great. We will only be there for a few days, can't really afford to stay a long time with work, etc back home, but will be there Sunday Morning to Tuesday evening.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,440

You need to treat your self to a poorboy from Johnny's.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,440

Also try Drago's
Old 06-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
So alittle more than a week from now, I will be in New Orleans on my honeymoon with my new wife. Other than the obvious night entertainment, you guys have any particular places ya'll like to go in New Orleans?

We are already planning on heading to Cafe Du Monde (my favorite, I love beignets), Hard Rock Cafe (the better half wants to go and add to her collection of Hard Rock Bears), The Aquarium (another favorite of mine), IMAX, Riverwalk, French Quarter, and Audubon Park. Some of the other places I've looked at are the Napoleon House, Barataria Preserve (what can I say, I'm an outdoorsman), and The Creole Queen Dinner Jazz Cruise (I love Jazz Music). Also thought it would be cool to go eat at one of Emeril's Places, even though the prices are nuts.

Any thoughts, opinions, ideas would be great. We will only be there for a few days, can't really afford to stay a long time with work, etc back home, but will be there Sunday Morning to Tuesday evening.

You need to go Irvin Mayfields Jazz Plahouse at the Royal Sonesta... show every night.
Try to be out of the Quarter for 11.
Don't walk alone.
Take a carriage ride, take ride down St. Charles Ave on the Street Car.
If you want a good burger hit the Alibi, if you walking on Bourbon from Canal take the first left at Redfish Grill (which is pretty good) it will be on your right.
You can also Hit Deanies if you don't want to break to the bank, it's a pretty nice place. Order light because you get a lot.
Skip Acme
Skip Brennans.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Redfish

Cash: 740

Delmonico is tge best Emeril restaurant. If you want better food than I would go to Bayona or MiLa. Sazerac bar is another nice place to grab a few drinks before you hit the town. Being spontaneous will allow you to have a much better time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-06-2013, 04:45 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ted View Post
Delmonico is tge best Emeril restaurant. If you want better food than I would go to Bayona or MiLa. Sazerac bar is another nice place to grab a few drinks before you hit the town. Being spontaneous will allow you to have a much better time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Well I've considered that as well. As far as food goes, that will probably be a more spur of the moment thing. Ask around, see what's really good. As far as things to do though, just wondering if there was any must see attraction. There are things we definitely want to do, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Go to the restaurant called August...One of the best meals I've ever had and I've been to some great restaurants all over the world. Its not cheap but its worth it. Also Stella is another good restaurant. If you like BBQ go to Squeal on Oak st. Go to Brocato's and get some gelatto. Creole creamery has great homemade ice cream. La Thai is some cajun/thai fusion. Really good. Five Happiness best Chinese food ever. Go for a walk in city park. There is usually some kind of cool obscure festival goin on somewhere in the city. Frenchman st for live music at night . Check out Offbeat magazine for whos playing music where.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:55 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

hit up House of Blues for good music. Also hit up Jackson Brewery for some shopping and homemade pralines on top floor. take a simple streetcar ride along canal or st Charles. enjoy the scenery as you go by. for a good neat bar try the one at the top of the world trade center. it revolves 360 degrees. enjoy the antique and art stores along Royale Street.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

Saying any restaurant anywhere the best is folly. But there are certainly no better than Brigtsen's uptown.

Be advised the streetcar track is shut down for repairs around Napoleon going uptown. It's good to go from there all the way downtown.

The WW2 Museum is not to be missed. It's without question the best attraction in the city if you any appreciation for history whatsoever. Give yourself at the very least two hours to view it, though. Honestly, it's a better use of time than Barataria unless you've never seen a swamp before.

John Besh's restaurants have outstanding happy hour (3-6 PM EVERYDAY!!) specials on food: half price pizzas, beer and wine by the glass at Domenica and 50 cent oysters at Luke.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,009

All above mentioned places are good places to eat. I will add GW Finns in the quarter for good fish and also Mr. John's on St Charles for a great steak and impeccable service. Both rather high end but you get what you pay for sometimes. I'm no history buff nor did I ever serve in the military but the WWII museum is worth checking out one evening.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Dungeon
Old 06-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Great White

yeah x3 on WWII museum
Old 06-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Heard they got some nice tit bars. . Nevermind u said honey moon not bachelor party.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Great White

might sound silly but go check out the zoo if youve never been. Most chicks dig animals. Ive taken several dates there and always had fun
Old 06-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

Restaurant August is fantastic
Old 06-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 10,458

Brennan's on Royal street is a must,food and dining experience were great.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,468

Once you get a few drinks in you coyote ugly is a good place to have a few
Old 06-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,468

Oceana in the French quarter has an awesome fried seafood platter too
Old 06-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 975

Quote: