![]() |
|
|
|
|||||||
| Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here! |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Agreed
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Elimination of the physical stamp may be coming. However, there are a substantial number of duck stamps sold to collectors, for entrance into NWRs and to people wanting to contribute to wetland conservation. Furthermore, and maybe more importantly, there is a big art industry (although it is in decline) based around duck stamps. A couple of states that have attempted to discontinue their duck stamp have played hell with the supporters of that industry within their states. I have suggested eliminating the physical Louisiana Duck Stamp, and been severely rebuffed. The federal duck stamp is bigger in every way, AND there is no mechanism for a conservation-minded person to contribute money to the most efficient wetland-conservation program ever because there are no federal hunting license sales. So the stamp will continue. I know many of you, maybe most of you, don't give a damn: a duck stamp is just your "admission ticket" to be able to kill ducks. But it is much more to many other people. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Drop thousands on antlers you can't eat, but ain't springing for the $6.00 Sent |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THE PHYSICAL STAMP ANYMORE
Sent |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Only for the first 45 days after you buy the e duck stamp printed on your license. After that, you need the real thing.
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
DANG, just buy it during the split. It's better second split anyway Sent |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
FYI for those wanting a physical stamp. I get mine from the post office every year. Never had a problem getting them.
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
I also keep all of my old stamps. I think I have every stamp back to 1993. I keep saying one day I'm going to have them framed but never have.
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|
