SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Big Red - really!? You went there?????? Think about what you are saying. The officer didn't write a ticket so now he will run another stop sign. Show me one person on here that comes to a complete stop at a stop sign 100% of the time. You produce one person that does and I will kiss your butt on downtown main street in broad daylight. So do we stop every person that rolls through a stop sign. That is the same thing as running a stop sign. It doesn't matter what he was doing when he caused that accident, he is still at fault. He could have been texting, rolling a joint, changing clothes, or rocking his girlfriend behind the wheel. Still doesn't matter, he is at fault and a citation doesn't change things.

I suggest if you guys want to write citations yourself, carry your rear ends to the academy and get a badge. Until then, **** and use your brain! Salty, you can call the chief, the mayor, Gov Blanco, and Obama - we here this everyday! When we walk out their office, the guy still won't have a ticket!
Well, you're right only because the report has been filed in City Hall and my daughter already has a copy. Had I gotten there earlier this morning....I was assured that it would have been changed because "We don't want to hear it!!!!!!!". I can live with that.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by elebouef View Post
Dude you should be glad that the collision happened the way it happened. He could of hit your daughter on the driver's door and killed her or caused her some serious injury. And you keep on prostituting on him not getting a ticket. Like FFF said how many times didn't your daughter not come to a complete stop? Forget about it and move on. That is why insurance is taken, And insurance is also so high

If someone would have been injured, or killed then would a ticket have been written?

This thread just proves that most cops are just like politicians. They take our money to do a job and then they dont do it and complain they need a raise.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 890

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED 1983 View Post
If someone would have been injured, or killed then would a ticket have been written?

This thread just proves that most cops are just like politicians. They take our money to do a job and then they dont do it and complain they need a raise.
If they are just like politicians, why would you call one if your wife or daughter was raped or your house was broken into?
Old 06-26-2012, 11:57 AM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,846

Quote:
If they are just like politicians, why would you call one if your wife or daughter was raped or your house was broken into?
Agreed !!!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Tripletail

someone would be seriously injured and i would be in jail shoot first ask questions later
Old 06-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,336

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED 1983 View Post

Really. Got any proof or is this just supposition on your part???
Old 06-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
Really. Got any proof or is this just supposition on your part???
call it what you want but i believe an officer of the law stated he does it and also refers to other coworkers having the same practice
Old 06-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Seems like a non issue to me, I don't see where the guy that hit your daughter isn't going to be punished enough. His insurance is going to go up, and his truck is banged up, probably had a pretty bad already. Extra $200 ticket isn't going to do anything, but make it a worse day.

Or should every 'signal' person that ever causes a wreck be shot on site?
Old 06-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Tripletail

Question

is being partially ethical the same as being fully ethical. or is being partially ethical considered being unethical
Old 06-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
if you are using shot on site as a metaphor to being ticketed on site then yes!
Old 06-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Seems like a non issue to me, I don't see where the guy that hit your daughter isn't going to be punished enough. His insurance is going to go up, and his truck is banged up, probably had a pretty bad already. Extra $200 ticket isn't going to do anything, but make it a worse day.

I wish my daughter's new Murano had only depreciated $200.

As far as the insurance goes....he only had the legal limit liability on that piece of crap. I'm gonna let it go, but, I still don't agree.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
I wish my daughter's new Murano had only depreciated $200.

As far as the insurance goes....he only had the legal limit liability on that piece of crap. I'm gonna let it go, but, I still don't agree.

Salty, I don't know you nor do I really want to know you after all this. But you sound like maybe a lil bit of Anger Management should be prescribed to you.
Not everybody can afford to own a new vehicle these days and maybe what he owns isn't a piece of crap to him and his family. He made a mistake that will cost him, probably more than he can afford and yet you want him to be issued a ticket, that will not put anything in your pocket.
Look in your past and tell us that you never ran a stop sign, never broke the speed limit law or never did anything that if caught you would of been ticketed for and then and only then will you become 'The Chosen One'
Old 06-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Redfish

Cash: 846

If your were a "Nelson" Al Shapten and Jessie Jackson would be all over that officer.. LOL!! A ticket may not solve the problem, but the guy who ran the stop sign should be held accountable for all expenses. He should have to pay whatever his cheap insurance does not.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Great White

Quote:
Salty, I don't know you nor do I really want to know you after all this. But you sound like maybe a lil bit of Anger Management should be prescribed to you.
Not everybody can afford to own a new vehicle these days and maybe what he owns isn't a piece of crap to him and his family. He made a mistake that will cost him, probably more than he can afford and yet you want him to be issued a ticket, that will not put anything in your pocket.
Look in your past and tell us that you never ran a stop sign, never broke the speed limit law or never did anything that if caught you would of been ticketed for and then and only then will you become 'The Chosen One'

I've been called alot of things in my life, but, I'm pretty sure this is the first time that it's been suggested that I might be a candidate for "Anger Management". Dude, I've never even been in a fist fight.

What the hell has "more than he can afford" got to do with anything? As far as me callin' it a "piece of crap"....had you seen it you would have agreed. The officer told me the same thing. There had to be at least 50 dents in that truck....well, 51.

I can honestly tell you without any doubt that I have "never broke the speed limit law" or any other traffic law that resulted in a collision, or, as y'all like to say...."accident". If I had....I should have been cited without question!!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Great White

My wife just got off the phone with Nissan and the insurance people, etc. and found out that this vehicle is now valued at "approximately $3,000" less than it was 24 hours ago. So, yes, that "$200" traffic ticket would make my day!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:12 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

I still say the guy with the certification to write the accident report (and by the way, we still call them accident reports - not collision reports) gets to decide who gets a ticket and when. Not the Chief sitting in an office, not his secretary, and not the mayor, and not the po'ed dad of girl involved in a "collision". And, no - had you gotten there earlier in the day, a ticket still would not have been written - no matter what you were told. Sometimes it's just easier to tell someone what they want to hear and smile, but if you think they were going to call this guy in to come sign a ticket for that accident a day later........well, I have some property to sell.

By the way..................are you still smoking??? You know I love you you old fart! - Let me know if you need anything!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Quote:
My wife just got off the phone with Nissan and the insurance people, etc. and found out that this vehicle is now valued at "approximately $3,000" less than it was 24 hours ago. So, yes, that "$200" traffic ticket would make my day!!!
Was it totaled????????????? If not, what will it be worth once it is repaired and driven another 100k miles? Just saying, you can spin this however you want.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Great White

Quote:

I still say the guy with the certification to write the accident report (and by the way, we still call them accident reports - not collision reports) gets to decide who gets a ticket and when. Not the Chief sitting in an office, not his secretary, and not the mayor, and not the po'ed dad of girl involved in a "collision". And, no - had you gotten there earlier in the day, a ticket still would not have been written - no matter what you were told. Sometimes it's just easier to tell someone what they want to hear and smile, but if you think they were going to call this guy in to come sign a ticket for that accident a day later........well, I have some property to sell.

By the way..................are you still smoking??? You know I love you you old fart! - Let me know if you need anything!
Bryan, I saw the report. It says, "Collision Report".

Things are probably done differently here in "Bugtussle" than where you're at. I got a ticket for improper changing of lanes a couple years back. I was on my way to Delacroix at 3:00 in the morning. I changed lanes without using a signal and an officer (one of the couple that I didn't know) pulled me over. I told him I was probably going faster than the 45 mph and, yet, you pull me over for changin' lanes when there is no other vehicle in sight? I asked a buddy on the force to see if he could get it dismissed. He said the officer said "no" because I was an "azzhole". I went to the chief. He called the officer in and he said, "No...because he was an azzhole". Well, sometime between that moment and the time I was supposed to pay the fine ($175)...any and all records of the ticket ever being issued were missing. As far as I know they might still be lookin' for it.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Great White

Quote:
Was it totaled????????????? If not, what will it be worth once it is repaired and driven another 100k miles? Just saying, you can spin this however you want.
I'm saying that my wife was told that, because the vehicle had been in a "collision".....the value is now "approximately $3,000" less.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Bryan, I saw the report. It says, "Collision Report".

Things are probably done differently here in "Bugtussle" than where you're at. I got a ticket for improper changing of lanes a couple years back. I was on my way to Delacroix at 3:00 in the morning. I changed lanes without using a signal and an officer (one of the couple that I didn't know) pulled me over. I told him I was probably going faster than the 45 mph and, yet, you pull me over for changin' lanes when there is no other vehicle in sight? I asked a buddy on the force to see if he could get it dismissed. He said the officer said "no" because I was an "azzhole". I went to the chief. He called the officer in and he said, "No...because he was an azzhole". Well, sometime between that moment and the time I was supposed to pay the fine ($175)...any and all records of the ticket ever being issued were missing. As far as I know they might still be lookin' for it.

So you didn't get a ticket

The guy that hit your daughter didn't get a ticket

so.........seems like its karma coming back on ya