SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:19 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,090
Default Any educators in the house? . . . .

My, how times have changed . . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1960-2010 (Small).jpg (72.8 KB, 259 views)
Old 05-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505

hahaha so true! the last place my dad or mom were going was to the teacher. I would have been catching a beat down!
my gf teaches middle school at st. genevieve in lafayette and she has some unbelievable stories about these parents!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

Yea and in the 60's teachers would whip your azzzz!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
hahaha so true! the last place my dad or mom were going was to the teacher. I would have been catching a beat down!
my gf teachers middle school at st. ignatious in lafayette and she has some unbelievable stories about these parents!

do please let her sign up and tell a few stories about em. i lmao when i hear the parent stories at our school
Old 05-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wag View Post
i had nuns giving me beatdowns in elementary!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Swordfish

She made me copy that pic so she could show her students Tom!
Old 05-06-2010, 07:05 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,090

I was the one on the left at age 10 . . . now I am on the right . . . . pass yu hand tru dat ice chest and grab me another one . . . . sha
Old 05-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default ummmmm

Garfish, Any comments????
My brother from a different mother over there in Tejas is an edumicator!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,383

Where I went to school, they were still giving corrective azz whippings in the 70's and early 80's.
It is a shame that todays parents are so busy with themselves, that for them it is easier to go to school and complain about how there little jewel is being done wrong. Doing this gives them the pass and self ok'ness to not be a parent at home. We as a society lack true parenting at home.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Flounder

Cash: 664

thats happened to me when my teacher calls my name after a test and i grab my paper and theres a nice big F onthe paper.hahaha,na im just kidding if my dad would have found out no fishin for the first 2 weeks of summer.and id be cryin on my like a little girl.NOT.but i would be upset. but when that would over,you better watch out cuz ForkedIslandFabio is gonna get ya with the curado and senko.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Lack of parenting and laziness on the students' part makes it all the teachers' fault!!!

They don't pay me to babysit (even though that's what ends up happening). High expectations and forming a sense of responsibility is what I "try" to instill in these kids. Apathy and a lack of accepting responsibility is my challenge everyday. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't the model student, but I knew Mom and dad would whip my *** if I didn't do what I was supposed to do. If I wanted to play ball, my grades better be good.

Most parents I deal w/ usually come around to my view of a situation, but you have many that use their kid's failure as an excuse to bash a teacher or coach. Most teachers and coaches i know of give the student all kinds of chances to make things right, but they still don't take advantage of it. It's the kid's fault!!

I've had to hold back several times not to beat the shidizzle out of a parent who wanted to bash me over there kid not playing or getting a raw deal. No respect for the fact I deal w/ your kid and give him guidance while getting paid a menial salary for a 12 hour day.

That's all!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 832

My son goes to private school and they still "paddle" with the parents permission. If I get a call asking permission.....he is getting his azz whooped at school and again when he gets home by momma!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwards Kid's Mom View Post
My son goes to private school and they still "paddle" with the parents permission. If I get a call asking permission.....he is getting his azz whooped at school and again when he gets home by momma!
Amen!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwards Kid's Mom View Post
I graduated in 02 and that's how it was at our school in Delcambre. I'm not sure if it's still that way but I feel the same as you. When I have kids I will let the principal know that if my kids misbehave then they need to get a good paddle across that behind in front of the rest of the class just like I got a few times. Then, just as you said, as soon as they come home it's round 2!!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 647

I'm a teacher here in Texas. I'd say the cartoon is pretty accurate. I don't have too many discipline problems and when a kid fails something, I assign them mandatory tutorials with me on an afternoon of their choosing. They don't show, I call the parents.

We have corporal punishment with parent's permission, but I haven't seen it happen in 5 years. Now 5 years ago, I called a mom after her son was disrespectful in class. She was going ballistic on the phone. Not at me mind you. She told me she'd be in my class with him the next day. She came to my class just after the bell rang and whipped his arse with a paddle right in front of the whole class. He was a model of respect the rest of the year.

When I was up in Waco, I called a parent about the same thing. He whipped his daughter's butt WHILE I WAS ON THE PHONE.

At least in the 2 semi-rural districts I've been in, things are better here in Texas than they were in New Orleans.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Redfish

Cash: 659

aw yeah i remember those days of my middleschool
Old 05-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wag View Post
got my share in the 80's
Old 05-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
I graduated in 02 and that's how it was at our school in Delcambre. I'm not sure if it's still that way but I feel the same as you. When I have kids I will let the principal know that if my kids misbehave then they need to get a good paddle across that behind in front of the rest of the class just like I got a few times. Then, just as you said, as soon as they come home it's round 2!!
u graduated from delcambre high in 02? i graduated from Opelousas Catholic in 02. Played them in fb my senior year.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
u graduated from delcambre high in 02? i graduated from Opelousas Catholic in 02. Played them in fb my senior year.
Yep, I actually remember that game very well because I got like 3 or 4 personal fouls called on me. Didn't ya'll have a DL that was all-state and all everything else that year? lol
Old 05-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Swordfish

I played DL but none of us were all state. i had a hair line fracture in ankle and game against yall was only game i sat out. our de might have been all district, and both lb's. only guy that might have been all state was the cb/wr. he was all district 1st team at wr and cb. and he was white!