SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 700
Default GI benefit concert

Anyone heard about this or what bands may be playing. I love going to the tarpon rodeo but since they are not having it this year this benefit concert will take its place.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12743513
Old 07-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Red Snapper

Found the bands, meh thought they would do better than this and thought it would last more than one day:

"On July 24, beginning at 11 a.m. and ending at 8 p.m., two stages will feature a lineup of classic rock favorites including the Little River Band and Three Dog Night, country superstar Lorrie Morgan and Louisiana homegrown artists Amanda Shaw and the Wise Guys, Doug Kershaw and Top Cats. In addition to musical entertainment, the event will feature food, crafts and clothing booths. "
Old 07-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

yea, I think they dropped the ball on this one. with a lil better prep work, I think they could have gotten some real big names in and done a 3 day concert event and really brought some revenue into the island.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
yea, I think they dropped the ball on this one. with a lil better prep work, I think they could have gotten some real big names in and done a 3 day concert event and really brought some revenue into the island.
People go to the tarpon rodeo to party. They could have done that with this concert and got some big names. I see this being a flop.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCagin View Post
People go to the tarpon rodeo to party. They could have done that with this concert and got some big names. I see this being a flop.
I agree, not many people are going to flock out to see Lorrie Morgan in Grand Isle when nothing is going on. Besides, where's everybody gonna sleep? There's nowhere to stay with 2 hours of there, everything is booked up!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

I think they would appreciate any money right now.
Damn shame they couldn't get some bigger names and talent. Hope that many people will attend and help em out.
Tarpon rodeo is definitely the Party time for GI. Many a fond memory and many I can't remember from past Tarpon Rodeos.