SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 08-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271
Arrow V. Bay 8/7/10

Got there a little after day break (late) hit the cove, hammock, dry reef and only pulled out 2 reds and a flounder. Went out the pass to caldwell where the white trout were plentiful but small. Went out to near rigs hooked one trout right at the boat that fell off and caught a few huge gaftop. Left and heading to tee butte on the way there came across a huge school of pogies with fish busting through them so we stopped started casting and it was nothing but sharks and gaftop so castnetted some bait and went to tee bute. On the way there tried several more school of pogie with same results and the same result at tee butte. Left went to Caldwell again hoping some trout would show up and nothing, but it had good moving tide. Left and went to diamond reef on the way there saw probably 25 or so school of bait with nothing happening to them. Got to diamond and same results again gaftop and sharks and saw one tripletail. Tide was really ripping no so we went try the near rigs AGAIN still nothing but trash. Went to caldwell AGAIN and still nothing but trash and the tide was CRUISING. So after that we went back inside hitting dry reef, cove and sharks bayou with nothing to show.

We tried artis and live at every stop.

Water was pretty everywhere we went.

Not one spec came into the boat.

Highlight of the day: Dolphins doing all kinds of acrobats in the big schools of pogie. They saved the day providing awesome jumps and spins and flips and cool tricks at keeping the bait together.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,525
Default I thought I saw you in Dago's

Along with the other thousand people at Dago's I thought I recognized you. We were in the water not long after you and stayed in the bay with my small boat. We worked the grass around Blue point to almost the Trash pile and ended the day with 4 reds and a flounder...losing 5 big reds do to poor fishing skills and tackle. One of those days We then went in front of the camps and started catching a few sand trout, but to many boats passing ended that quick. My brother went with someone else around marsh island and they caught a few reds he said...he landed a 42 inch red also. Thanks for your report....if the water out there stays good the trout will hopefully be there soon...I hope.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripinlips View Post
Along with the other thousand people at Dago's I thought I recognized you. We were in the water not long after you and stayed in the bay with my small boat. We worked the grass around Blue point to almost the Trash pile and ended the day with 4 reds and a flounder...losing 5 big reds do to poor fishing skills and tackle. One of those days We then went in front of the camps and started catching a few sand trout, but to many boats passing ended that quick. My brother went with someone else around marsh island and they caught a few reds he said...he landed a 42 inch red also. Thanks for your report....if the water out there stays good the trout will hopefully be there soon...I hope.

Dang 42 incher thats a big one. We probably should of stayed in too. We thought we could find some trout though. I think if we would of been able to go out to the rigs we normally go to, we would of found some. Water was very pretty right out the pass so it had to get prettier. What kind boat did you have?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Banned

well damn them boys managed to find some specks out there somewhere sat
Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
well damn them boys managed to find some specks out there somewhere sat
you heard some good reports?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Banned

no i saw some decent trout come in sat, see my report
Old 08-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Ling

Quote:
no i saw some decent trout come in sat, see my report
damn. that was a trout stringer ya'll had? Where the heck did you find some trout at lol
Old 08-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
damn. that was a trout stringer ya'll had? Where the heck did you find some trout at lol
caught them all in shark bayou on doa's under popp'n cork
Old 08-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Ling

Quote:
caught them all in shark bayou on doa's under popp'n cork
you serious?
Old 08-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 548
Default Sunday V-Bay

I brought the wife out in the Bay boat sunday to V-Bay launched out of ICY. First stop Redfish Point and 2nd cast hooked a huge trout but could not net it. Shortly after we both caught each a nice trout then the bite died and the Gaftops moved in. The water was clear and salty on the west side. We then caught some live bait and headed to the Pass with the same results as everyone else out there, sharks and gaftops. Did catch a couple redfish inside the pass. I had gotten a good trout report from earlier in the week around Redfish Point. Will give a try again one afternoon this week.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by By-Catch View Post
I brought the wife out in the Bay boat sunday to V-Bay launched out of ICY. First stop Redfish Point and 2nd cast hooked a huge trout but could not net it. Shortly after we both caught each a nice trout then the bite died and the Gaftops moved in. The water was clear and salty on the west side. We then caught some live bait and headed to the Pass with the same results as everyone else out there, sharks and gaftops. Did catch a couple redfish inside the pass. I had gotten a good trout report from earlier in the week around Redfish Point. Will give a try again one afternoon this week.
Cool thanks for your report. I also received some good reports from earlier that week, but they were all out the pass on reefs. I hit them all and no trout. You would of thought they'd bite, there were schools and schools of pogie EVERYWHERE!!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Cool thanks for your report. I also received some good reports from earlier that week, but they were all out the pass on reefs. I hit them all and no trout. You would of thought they'd bite, there were schools and schools of pogie EVERYWHERE!!
Did you try a catch 2000 or mirodine at the reefs? I always seem to catch a few with those baits out there.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
you serious?
negative
Old 08-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Did you try a catch 2000 or mirodine at the reefs? I always seem to catch a few with those baits out there.

tried a shedog.. but nothing subsurface. Definitely will next time though since you said something about it lol
Old 08-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,525

Quote:
What kind boat did you have?
That was me in the old busted Fisher...second boat parked at Dago's by the road. It gets the job done for now
Old 08-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Quote:
you serious?
No, he caught them next to my snook hole..........
Old 08-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
No, he caught them next to my snook hole..........
hey now stop teasing!! lol I've caught my limit of trout out of sharks bayou before, but that was at a different time of year.

But was it by your snook hole or that tarpon school? lmao

j/k montauk (i think it was you that brought that up)
Did you see it or just hear about it?
Old 08-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 789

My buddy his girlfriend and I went to the Island caught reds from the time we arrived till we left them biting at noon. I'll start trying to catch trout when they move into the bay in better numbers which should be in a few weeks.