SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Salty Cajun Classifieds > SaltyCajun.com Classifieds > Employment Offered / Wanted

Employment Offered / Wanted If you have a job opening you'd like to share, or if you are looking for work, feel free to post here. No staffing agencies/headhunters without prior approval from LaAngler, please.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217
Default Shell experienced hire

Technicians, Instrumentation Technicians, Mechanics, and Operators. Shell’s Recruitment Organization will manage the application and pre-employment assessment processes. These opportunities will be advertised broadly on-line and in select newspapers throughout the Gulf South. Applications will be accepted via the Internet at www.shell.us/jobs beginning Wednesday, January 5, 2011. The application deadline will be Tuesday, January 25, 2011.
We encourage you to spread the word in the community and to refer qualified men and women who may be interested in these offshore opportunities. These positions ARE NOT eligible for Shell’s Employee Referral Program.
Applications are only being accepted via the Internet. To learn more about these openings and to apply, follow these simple instructions beginning on January 5, 2011:
  • Go to www.shell.us/jobs to go directly to the Operators, Skilled Crafts, and Technician site.
  • Click "Apply for current job openings".
  • Review the list of current opportunities and complete an application for each position that interests you. To be considered for more than one job, you must complete an application for each job.
  • The application deadline is Tuesday, January 25, 2011.Applicationswill not be accepted after that date.
  • You must reapply to be considered for this hiringprocess even if you previously applied for a job with Shell in the past.
  • All applicants who complete the on-line application will receive immediate on-line confirmation and feedback.
Remember, free Internet access is available at most State Employment Offices, schools, and libraries.
Following are additional key dates to be considered for planning purposes:
· Up to February 17th – Pre-employment Testing at select sites.
· Interviews – completed by March 31st.
· Offers – April 15th.
· Onboarding – July 5th at SRTCC
Old 12-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Great White

Default Missed the first sentence

We are pleased to announce that Upstream Americas - Deepwater will begin an employment program for the purpose of hiring Experienced Workers in the following areas: Electricians, Electronic Technicians, Instrumentation Technicians, Mechanics, and Operators. Shell’s Recruitment Organization will manage the application and pre-employment assessment processes. These opportunities will be advertised broadly on-line and in select newspapers throughout the Gulf South. Applications will be accepted via the Internet at www.shell.us/jobs beginning Wednesday, January 5, 2011. The application deadline will be Tuesday, January 25, 2011.
We encourage you to spread the word in the community and to refer qualified men and women who may be interested in these offshore opportunities. These positions ARE NOT eligible for Shell’s Employee Referral Program.
Applications are only being accepted via the Internet. To learn more about these openings and to apply, follow these simple instructions beginning on January 5, 2011:
  • Go to www.shell.us/jobs to go directly to the Operators, Skilled Crafts, and Technician site.
  • Click "Apply for current job openings".
  • Review the list of current opportunities and complete an application for each position that interests you. To be considered for more than one job, you must complete an application for each job.
  • The application deadline is Tuesday, January 25, 2011.Applicationswill not be accepted after that date.
  • You must reapply to be considered for this hiringprocess even if you previously applied for a job with Shell in the past.
  • All applicants who complete the on-line application will receive immediate on-line confirmation and feedback.
Remember, free Internet access is available at most State Employment Offices, schools, and libraries.
Following are additional key dates to be considered for planning purposes:
· Up to February 17th – Pre-employment Testing at select sites.
· Interviews – completed by March 31st.
· Offers – April 15th.
· Onboarding – July 5th at SRTCC
Old 12-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Ray, hook a brother up!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Great White

I can't. It is every man for himself.
I don't know any of the interviewers or HR people in charge of this.

If you are experienced, the more experience you have, the better the chance.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Flounder

Cash: 649

Is this for offshore only? I work for shell and didnt here about this. Whats up.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

In 1999 7 Guy's from my platform applied and all 7 were given test dates in Robert. I was one of the 7. All 7 were offered positions 5 accepted. I did not and my back to back did not. I would recommend any qualified experienced person to look into it. Of the 5 who accepted positions only 2 still work at Shell that I am aware of. The other three have moved on but the experience there has helped them in other endevors. One works in Russia as a company man for Exxon and the other two are Production Foreman in the Gulf for another company.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:01 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatro View Post
Is this for offshore only? I work for shell and didnt here about this. Whats up.

It is on the main Shell intranet(not internet) page. We also got an email from our OM about this.
This hiring is for offshore, but you can move to land jobs if you decide to, thru job postings from land fields.

Where do you work?
Old 12-23-2010, 01:04 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
In 1999 7 Guy's from my platform applied and all 7 were given test dates in Robert. I was one of the 7. All 7 were offered positions 5 accepted. I did not and my back to back did not. I would recommend any qualified experienced person to look into it. Of the 5 who accepted positions only 2 still work at Shell that I am aware of. The other three have moved on but the experience there has helped them in other endevors. One works in Russia as a company man for Exxon and the other two are Production Foreman in the Gulf for another company.
Shell has hired and trained a lot of guys on deepwater TLP's and subsea projects, then they move on to other companies. It is easy to get a job with other companies after you are trained/experienced.

Shell did an experienced hire a few months ago in the drilling forman and drilling engineer fields for on land and offshore.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:36 AM
Flounder

Cash: 649

I work at Shell in Geismar south of Baton Rouge. We are in the chemicals division. Some of the guys I work with transferred from offshore.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,104

If any thing pops up at shell geismer please pm me and let me know. I am full time with turner and have years of experience. Right now I am a extraction technician. But I am looking around. I have a ton of experience in just about all aspects of the industrial plant field.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman444 View Post
If any thing pops up at shell geismer please pm me and let me know. I am full time with turner and have years of experience. Right now I am a extraction technician. But I am looking around. I have a ton of experience in just about all aspects of the industrial plant field.
Dental assistant?