SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 685
Default GCRPF?--Rig worker's assistance fund

Any body had any luck filing a claim with them? I never worked on/near any deepwater rigs beside an FPSO once in the GOM. The first round of grants it was only for the deepwater guys, and this time seems like it again. I was told they were going to include everybody the worked in the oilfield, because the GCCF(other BP claims fund) denied many oilfield workers for this same reason.

Just a lil rant, yea i made less than i was was supposed to work, alot less..
it just befuddles me how a person that busses tables at outback, or a taxi cab driver can get 15-20k easily, and everyone offshore just gets the boot ....(steel toes at that).

lets gets some insight up in this
Old 03-27-2011, 02:09 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

You worked on the FPSO for Petrobras?? I assume it is, since its the only one in the GOM. I have been on this project for awhile now. I am out here right now. We are trying to recover a riser that fell about 3 days ago.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay_slayer View Post
You worked on the FPSO for Petrobras?? I assume it is, since its the only one in the GOM. I have been on this project for awhile now. I am out here right now. We are trying to recover a riser that fell about 3 days ago.
yea..thats the one...bw pioneer if it aint moved yet...man talk about the kind of **** you find on that big *** boat...were you there from the beginning? talk about a basket lift from hell---rookie crane operator from the philipinnes/singapore -TWICE A DAY...and alot of time big seas

great hours, cheap cigs, but dont drink that juice!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 05:42 PM
King Mackeral

Yeah the BW Pioneer is here and will be for a long time. I am working on one of the ROV Boats helping with the integration of all the flowlines and risers and all the other subsea equipment. Yeah I was here before the Pioneer even made out to the field.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Tripletail

when i worked on that thing, i worked on the turrett(spm?) and am truly amazed. It's one thing reading about fpso's and spms and what not, but to actually be in one, and work on the main piece from damn near tip top to damn near the double bottom door/hole at the bottom of the ship is pretty cool.. TOO BAD WE ARENT ELIGIBLE FOR THAT GRANT. would be nice to recoop a small percentage of wages loss/potentially earned.

is there still those two crew boats leaving out of fourchon every morniing?? when i left that job, i went to another rig ----all the while i heard some pretty interesting stories about yall returning to the dock. lol

I saw there's a BW office right in houma, i wonder if they are hiring--then again, i'd probably not want to be on that ship, since i now know what goes on....
Old 03-27-2011, 08:38 PM
King Mackeral

no i think they stopped all the crew boat mess. What stories you heard about returning to the dock?? You talking about when they stripped out the winches that pull the turret up?