SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577
Default Homemade washdown

Well after the last few weeks of fishing I decided to RIG some kind of make shift WASHDOWN...I used my BAITWELL thats rarely used and made a connection to the water inlet spicket..I have a tsunami 500gpm aerator so I dont think it will put out alot of pressure mainly just to get all the slime and blood off before it becomes a pain....what do you think or has anyone else done this and how did it work..It was like 3 bucks...LOL.

BEFORE:

AFTER:
Old 07-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Something is missing in this pic. You need a beer in that koozie!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,654

Were did you get that little fitting piece? Im gonna do that in my second baitwell with a coil hose just need to make it compatible with the water hose connection, should put out enough pressur to wet the deck
Old 07-14-2011, 06:41 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchspinner View Post
Well after the last few weeks of fishing I decided to RIG some kind of make shift WASHDOWN...I used my BAITWELL thats rarely used and made a connection to the water inlet spicket..I have a tsunami 500gpm aerator so I dont think it will put out alot of pressure mainly just to get all the slime and blood off before it becomes a pain....what do you think or has anyone else done this and how did it work..It was like 3 bucks...LOL.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

i can't see the pics but i tried to put a hose onto my baitwell, and it had not nearly the pressure to make a steady stream. You would need a very narrow nozzle to create some kind of pressure, which you may have done.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
i can't see the pics but i tried to put a hose onto my baitwell, and it had not nearly the pressure to make a steady stream. You would need a very narrow nozzle to create some kind of pressure, which you may have done.
Just get one of those fire hose type nozzles for the end... You can find plastic ones so they don't rust
Old 07-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Redfish

Cash: 809
Default air fitting

I have done one in the past where we retrofitted a air hose quick connect with the yellow plastic coil hose with air nossle that worked really well. Can't tell for sure from the pic, but looks like the diameter of a water hose fitting, which I think will be a limp noodle and no pressure at all. Might be speaking out of turn, but just saying...Nice idea though...I know for a fact you can make it work....I suppose if you neck it down at the end of the garden hose you would get a little pressure....I like the coil type for storage purposes though....Great idea....
Old 07-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

I Think thats a great Idea, and it seems like it will work, but my only concern is that your standard rule or attwood pickup pump may burn up after the pressure builds, and is not released for a while. The pumps that are designed for this are able to go into limp mode when not in use , but stay primed up, while still on. This would only be if u hooked it up to a spay nozzle and left it run all the time. The impeller will keep spinning trying to build, but the water will have no where to go. Now on another hand If its hooked to a switch, wich im sure it is, and its only used when the nozzle is opened their should be no reason it will not work. I actually use to carry a rule bilge pump a 10ft. garden hose and nozzle on my fourwheeler with alligator clips to run off the battery, when we use to mud ride alot to clean up on a long trip or to clean out the trash under the bike or the radiator. It will work, but like I said If left on to build pressure for a while I think it may burn up. I sure wish u well with it, and a good Idea also.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:33 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

can you upgrade your 500 ghp to a 1000 gph?
Old 07-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,366

Yes
Old 07-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

might have to do that....im gonna try this sat..and see how it goes.