SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:21 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
Default This could get interesting!

http://www.katc.com/news/will-lafour...urchon-beach-/

I wonder how far the Parish will push the issue, and how hard the land owners will fight it. Either way, hope the beach stays clean since so much litter is found there every year.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Wow! It only appraised for $275 K Ain't no way its that cheap. People will pay that for 2 acres of 'beachfront' property. Interesting
Old 01-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 991

Our beaches are embarrasing! I love to fish the beach west of Holly Beach but every time I go it is so gross! All the trash along the beach is rediculous! I know we have inmates just sittin around doing nothing. The state should haul there butts down there and clean that crap up!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

There are not enough vacationers and tourist visiting SW La. beaches.
Before Rita, the state and parish cleaned up the beaches now and then.
Since Rita, they don't worry about it anymore.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

The only land that the state will get will be from the dunes to the water. There is already a way for the state to claim any reformed beach. caluet land corps is trying to say they haven't restricted access . They will let you walk the whole 12 miles to get to the jetties to fish.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I thought that in La., the state owns the first 150 ft. of land along the water of the gulf. They took several camps in Holly Beach in the late 80's due to erosion.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
The only land that the state will get will be from the dunes to the water. There is already a way for the state to claim any reformed beach. caluet land corps is trying to say they haven't restricted access . They will let you walk the whole 12 miles to get to the jetties to fish.

Just can't drive on it. Ought to be an interesting fight to say the least. 'Bout time the state takes back what's their's for the good of the peeps!
That's prolly the best surf fishing in the state there fo sho!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

i say they shouldnt let the drive it! im sick of seeing all those trashey people with trucks and 100's of babies in diapers on the beach! all they do is leave a mess of beer bottles and food containers all over the beach, fish heads ect . anyways they have been fighting this ever since ive lived in louisiana ...prolly well before that
Old 01-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
i say they shouldnt let the drive it! im sick of seeing all those trashey people with trucks and 100's of babies in diapers on the beach! all they do is leave a mess of beer bottles and food containers all over the beach, fish heads ect . anyways they have been fighting this ever since ive lived in louisiana ...prolly well before that
You got it on that. A-wads doing donuts in their 4x4's and atv's, people leavin their trash, bottles, etc.
When we would fish there, we would always pick up ours and other stuff around us as well. Those are the main
reasons why they closed the beach anyway.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Yep! Trashy bastards have to ruin everything. I've seen everything on fourchon beach ! U name I've seen it! One time I saw someone bring their refrigerator from the house in the back of the truck hooked up to a generator out on the beach!!!! How do I know it was from the house ?? When they opened it the door was full of every condiment!! Lol always a 300lb lady in a bikini
Old 02-01-2012, 04:50 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfish View Post
Just can't drive on it. Ought to be an interesting fight to say the least. 'Bout time the state takes back what's their's for the good of the peeps!
That's prolly the best surf fishing in the state there fo sho!
Would have to agree with you garfish, that is my favorite place to wade fish!!!! Although i have never been in Joe's cove
Old 02-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 851

That photo looks like it was taken in Destin,Fla. I have never seen the beach that white or that clean..If it goes for $275,000, I want to buy it. Seriously I have been going to the Fourchan since I was a teenager and have spent a many of night and caught a plenty of fish there. I'm all for the state buying it and running it like it should be.(Like Grande Isle State Park) You are all correct about the trashy azz people who frequent it. The new thing when it was open was people bringing pallets to burn for bon fires leaving all the nails and staples in the sand that everyone had to drive thru. The Harbor Patrol used to drive up and down constantly. I told them one day they should buy big ,heavy duty garbage bags and tell those filthy maggots "By the time we pass back through, you better have this campsite spotless". They told me it was not their job or responsibility. I'm sure they could hire a rent-a-cop that would 'police' the beach and keep it nice....
Old 02-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Damn Zachary boy...........I've had that idea for years.
I'm convinced if someone walked up and down the beach giving out trash bags most folks would fill it.
Of course fat lady with the fridge might use it as a rain coat, but MOST people should get the hint right?

Anyways, hope the state winds up with it and runs it appropriately.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 851

At one time they put dumpters at the entrance/exit to the beach. The lazy scumbags wouldn't even bother to use them or they would dump their crawfish heads in them .What? put them in the bayou. How about a BIG sign that reads: ANYONE CAUGHT LITTERING WILL PERFORM 2 DAYS COMMUNITY SERVICE ON THIS BEACH!! It does seem like the hot spot for every fat chick from Lafouche Parish. Several times we saw people trying to drag one back into the water thinking it was a beached whale.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary Boy View Post
At one time they put dumpters at the entrance/exit to the beach. The lazy scumbags wouldn't even bother to use them or they would dump their crawfish heads in them .What? put them in the bayou. How about a BIG sign that reads: ANYONE CAUGHT LITTERING WILL PERFORM 2 DAYS COMMUNITY SERVICE ON THIS BEACH!! It does seem like the hot spot for every fat chick from Lafouche Parish. Several times we saw people trying to drag one back into the water thinking it was a beached whale.
You know it! X100000. I would try to pick a spot as far away from that as possible.

Good idea about the trash bags and comm. service warning. I know when we used to pay at Elmer's Island, the old lady would give out trash bags for the day on the beach.