SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534
Default Vernon Lake 6.24.12

Finally found a pattern after fishing Friday after work with BoHunterBiff. We didnt do so hot, but caught a dozen under the slot. Went back yesterday to E/NE winds about 8-10mph and started throwing carolina rigged with the "secret bait". I started off with a 18" leader and they wasnt having none of it. Robert on the other hand was throwing a 5' leader and was hammering them. Changed tactics and the bite was on. Had a fish at the boat about 1 out of every 4 casts. Robert hooked the biggest of the day going 4.78 on the digital scale and the other pic is of a 16" slot fish I was "forced" to throw back. Finished the say with 10 or so. About 7:30 til 8:30 was topwater heaven with hundreds of bass actually coming out of the water for our spooks. Talking about a rush. Will add pics of the fish on the cleaning table when I get home as they are still in the ice chest. All in all, it was a good day, lots of laughs and lots of relaxing. Not to mention sunburn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vernon 6.24.jpg (43.8 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg vernon 6.24 #1.JPG (177.1 KB, 107 views)