SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Flounder

Cash: 823
Default weeks bay 7-15-12

i fished weeks bay sunday. nothing but a sand trout in the boat. tossed back a 10in sandy, and a bunch of croaker. oh, and a lady fish. tried fishing the marshes and grass for reds and flatties, but nothing. but, on a promising note, there were alot of shrimp around. especially at the mouth of the iberia channel.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Flounder

Cash: 1,043

Thanks for the report
Old 07-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,358

aaaahhhh! I can't wait for that place to turn on, it's time already!
Old 07-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Flounder

Cash: 823

Well, if you're judging by the movement of shrimp, they're all the way up in bayou Jack. so I think it should be turning on soon.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

Waiting on the same thing. Last week the salinity was up to almost 9 now back down to 6.5. Hopefully some salt water will get pushed back in the bay this week.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:00 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,457

my best trip this year was when the salinty was at 6.2ppt
Old 07-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawl79 View Post
Waiting on the same thing. Last week the salinity was up to almost 9 now back down to 6.5. Hopefully some salt water will get pushed back in the bay this week.
6.5 is high for the bay... I bet the fish are there you just gotta figure em out
Old 07-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMouth7 View Post
my best trip this year was when the salinty was at 6.2ppt

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
6.5 is high for the bay... I bet the fish are there you just gotta figure em out
You guys are right.....
Plenty of salt for the bay. There are tons of birds working over small trout with a falling tide. Can't find the big girls yet under the birds. Decent size coming from well heads in the bay...nothing really big, all 14-16" size.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post

one of my best trips were last year with a salinity of 1.5ppt. Big fish too. But the fishing this year has been much different from past years.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Telling you that VBay folks is tight-lipped How many reports you see coming from there (very very few) yet how many boat trailers are in the parking lots everyday
Old 07-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Telling you that VBay folks is tight-lipped How many reports you see coming from there (very very few) yet how many boat trailers are in the parking lots everyday
LOL! There are bunch of fishermen everyday, weather permitting. I find most are running out the Pass, fishing the reefs and Tiger Shoal. Not many are staying in the Bay itself. Those that make it out are catching fish,especially those using live bait. The handful that pound the bay is either hit or miss. Heard a speck tournament was won at the mouth of Fearman in W. Vermilion..some absurd weight of 50+ lbs....I didn't see them and don't know who caught them. I have a hard time believing that report myself...but it could be?
Old 07-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Duck butter, I heard redfish point. The guy that told me said it was a fact but who knows for sure.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
LOL! There are bunch of fishermen everyday, weather permitting. I find most are running out the Pass, fishing the reefs and Tiger Shoal. Not many are staying in the Bay itself. Those that make it out are catching fish,especially those using live bait. The handful that pound the bay is either hit or miss. Heard a speck tournament was won at the mouth of Fearman in W. Vermilion..some absurd weight of 50+ lbs....I didn't see them and don't know who caught them. I have a hard time believing that report myself...but it could be?

I heard from a good source, that this is true and one of the winners was a game warden from the area. All 5lb. + trout.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Tripletail

You guys are probably right about the salinity in the bay. Something I will be paying attention to from now on though.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawl79 View Post
I heard from a good source, that this is true and one of the winners was a game warden from the area. All 5lb. + trout.
Nice! I was wondering about the 50 lbs if it was 25 fish or 10 fish thats crazy

but i heard Hell Hole!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Nice! I was wondering about the 50 lbs if it was 25 fish or 10 fish thats crazy

but i heard Hell Hole!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea h e l l hole is closer to southwest pass so its more salty water there or dry reef its been a long time since i fished tha area but there alot of reefs around there. wont be long before they start moving in just gotta watch for the wind and choppy water unless have a big boat which isnt a problem from time to time dependin on which way the wind is coming from the worse time is when its blowin from south east or south west. them water wont let u out there in the open for sure.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Tripletail

Seems we're letting a real time monitor and computer dictate when we go fishing!!!!! BS!
You can't catch fish doing yoga in your living room. The only thing I pay attention to is forecast winds and the direction, thats my deciding factor on going.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Ling

Quote:
Seems we're letting a real time monitor and computer dictate when we go fishing!!!!! BS!
You can't catch fish doing yoga in your living room. The only thing I pay attention to is forecast winds and the direction, thats my deciding factor on going.
Me too Best time to fish is anytime you can go. I am now a weekend warrior/office fisherman so can't go on the 'best' days but make do with what I got. Just like the reports on VBay above saying the trout are not there, they are not biting, don't waste your time, yet that one fella goes out and ready to give up and boom catches a 100 Can't catch them at the house
Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Tripletail

Quote:

I fish almost every weekend (missed one weekend in last 2 months), I just use the computer to dictate where I will be fishing. Don't see anything wrong with that. Def can't catch them in the office.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,668

Quote:
I have pictures of the fish, saw them first hand 10 fish 53lbs and last weekend same guy 2 fish weighed 12.3 I think. I fish with him often he has captain liscense so can't fish star.