SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Salty Cajun Classifieds > SaltyCajun.com Classifieds > Boats, Outboard Motors, Kayaks, Etc

Boats, Outboard Motors, Kayaks, Etc Post ads for boats, kayaks, canoes, and outboard and trolling motors here

Old 09-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Flounder

Cash: 1,263
Default Mercury Marine Tempest Prop 21 Pitch?

I am selling the prop that came on my 1996 200 HP EFI Mariner 2 Stroke Outboard Motor. It is a Mercury Marine Tempest 3 blade Prop, part # 48-825864 23P which I believes means 23 Pitch. However, elsewhere on the prop is the number 9P150 and 21P. The outboard motor and prop came on my 1996 Champion Coastal Champ Bay Boat, and the prop has Champion etched on it as well. I am not knowledgeable enough to tell you with 100% certainty what the prop pitch actually is, but it's my opinion that Champion took a stock Mercury 23 Pitch prop and had it reworked to a 21 Pitch to turn the proper RPM on the boat it came with. I say that because it looks like the original stamping from Mercury Marine says 23P and the newer, hand stamped number says 21P. My boat is 20 feet long with a 96 inch beam, and has full decking in front of the dual consoles. It is the same hull used for the center console Champion Coastal series boats, but came with a dual console like a bass boat. The max WOT RPM on my original Mariner motor was 5800 RPM, and the prop was turning 5800 at full throttle The boat weight fully fueled with two people is probably around 2700-2800 pounds. My new motor is a Yamaha 4-stroke 225 SHO with a max WOT of 6000 RPM and I am running a 19 pitch Yamaha prop which gives a max WOT rpm of 6100 tilted to full rooster tail, and 6000 RPM at full throttle without the insane motor tilt. I said all that to show that a 23 pitch prop on my boat would probably never turn 5900 rpm, so I am fairly certain that the prop I am selling is a 21 pitch, cupped prop. If you have knowledge in this area, I would sincerely appreciate your input. It is a used prop with a few small dings and scratches, but it is in overall good shape and is not out of balance. I also have a spare plastic hub included with the prop. It has never had a hard impact, but it has hit a few stumps at low rpm, a consequence of living and fishing in South Louisiana. Feel free to ask any questions you may. The prop is in Lafayette and you can call 337 298-4772 to see it. I have some pics, if you'd like to see them, PM me your email and I'll send them to you. $275.00