SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default afternoon delite

I was not planning on fishing today. The original plan was to mow the lawn and put chemicals in the pool and clean it. This would allow me to find someone to go with me tomorrow. Phone rang When this happens things change. Lee called and said they got a 6 man limit of 150 trout this morning. My plans instantly changed. I closed things up and got the Avenger ready to go. I stopped at the bar and got fuel, ice, and some sweet teas for the cooler. Charlie was there and I asked him if he wanted to go fishing. He was in. Joan overheard me amd asked if she could go. She called her husband, told him she was going with us, and got a hall pass.

We head down to Venice and get under way. A 15 minute run and we meet up with Lee. I put the power pole down and Lee decides he is going to the mouth of a nearby pass. My second or third cast I nail the biggest trout of the day. It hit the dock at 3.8 pounds. Joan gets a big red on and it is running out the drag very fast. She turns it and the battle is on only to break off after a few moments. She is a trooper and just shrugs it off and is going after it's cousin. Not long before she also nails a good trout.

Lee had given us some live shrimp and I was the only one useing artifical. It was paying off for me. Joan and Charlie were finding small black drum and rat reds and even a sheepshead. Finaly Charlie has a good trout hit and he is on the board. A little later Joan gets another good red on and she manages to land this one. It measured just under 27 inches and a little over 26 1/2. I measured is closely because of the 1 fish over 27 inch rule

We had a slow pick but did not do too bad for about 2 1/2 hours of fishing. As I was fishing the phone rings. Things changed! One Eye Ed asked me to deckhand for him tomorrow. There goes my plans for trout fishing tomorrow. Guess I'll just have to chase tuna .

There was talk of good fishing close by so we pulled up and ran over there. We spent about 20 minutes there and decided to return to where we were. That was a 35-40 minute waste of time. We only had about another 25 minutes to fish if we wanted to get in about sunset. Daylight savings time

We managed to pick up 6 more trout. I got 3 and Joan got 3. Charlie half fished and half nursed the rest of his last beer. He only brought 2 with him. Overall we managed to put some nice fish in the box. It was a little cool on the water today but the cool water is bringing in the trout into the river.

In my last report I mentioned they left a blackfin tuna in the box. How do you miss a 20 pound blackfin tuna??? Today when I got home I found 2 trout still in the fish box. How do you miss a 16 and 18 inch trout in the fish box??? 2 trips in a row? [IMG]http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/default/***.gif[/IMG] I will just have to check the fish box myself.

Cleaned them before I had supper.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 11-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

Great catch. Ole Charlie looks like he is struggling
Old 11-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Nice afternoon on the water Capt... Good luck chasing them YFTs today.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Great fish
Old 11-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Nice job Capt.